Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

P. 83: Launched Intamin announced for 2021
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Re: Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

Postby ul9601 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:51 pm

Thanks - I will definitely go for the rapidus pass. Its equivalents at CF & SF parks were invaluable during my mid-west theme park tour - that was also during school holidays (actually it might have been school field trip season or something - the whole month of June!!!). I will come back with more questions once I've read up on the thread.

Postby ul9601 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:37 pm

Ok guys - I'm way behind with the planning so I'll just have to ask for help from you guys. I will be there in a week and a half and preparation (for parc asterix but the rest of france) is very under done.
1. Is Pass Rapidus EUR25 for each ride that is eligible? Do they have unlimited Pass Rapidus - or is Premium Ticket the combo deal of entry + unlimited rapidus? It's quite pricey at EUR149, (I'm sure worth it) Is there any other option?
2. Is there any order I should take on the rides (I'm after mainly roller coaster type maximum thrill rides)? You know, to avoid queues as much as possible and so on - I think I've read some strategies on other park threads.
3. Any other general advice?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:45 pm

1. Pass Rapidus is ONE time on 8 major attractions: Pégase Express, OzIris, Tonnerre de Zeus, Trace du Hourra, Menhir Express, Grand Splatch, Oxygénarium and Goudurix.

There does not appear to be a version of Pass Rapidus that offers unlimited.

The Premium Ticket includes entry, lunch, and UNLIMITED skip the line on the same 8 attractions. I believe that's what we got for our group on our last visit, it was great.

Can't help you as much on 2 and 3 as it's been a few years since our last visit.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:12 pm

They had an unlimited Rapidus option available in April separate from the VIP package, but the one included with the VIP package is all I see now. Even on an April weekday with showers forecasted, the park was slammed. All major coasters had 30-60 minute waits.

Since the Rapidus gets you onto the next train of all coasters (including choice seating on Oziris and Pegasus, and usually the back on Zeus), it was well worth it. The VIP package also includes parking, a full meal with alcohol at their really good restaurant, and admission.

If you go with the Rapidus pass, you should knockout Vol D'Icare and Discobelix out early as they're the two longest waits for non Rapidus rides. At rope drop, half the park runs to Zeus and the other half runs to OzIris.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Toverland & Walibi Holland

Postby ul9601 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:32 pm

Thanks guys - any comments you can make on their operations - are they pretty tight and strict on rules - like wearing glasses on coasters or stamping down on queue jumpers or other losers etc?
Cheers

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:35 pm

^ They actually have you bring your bags on most rides (including Zeus). None of the rides made me empty my pockets. I had a strap, but I don't recall them wanting to see it like some parks.

Postby ul9601 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:02 pm

SharkTums wrote:1. Pass Rapidus is ONE time on 8 major attractions: Pégase Express, OzIris, Tonnerre de Zeus, Trace du Hourra, Menhir Express, Grand Splatch, Oxygénarium and Goudurix.

There does not appear to be a version of Pass Rapidus that offers unlimited.

The Premium Ticket includes entry, lunch, and UNLIMITED skip the line on the same 8 attractions. I believe that's what we got for our group on our last visit, it was great.

Can't help you as much on 2 and 3 as it's been a few years since our last visit.

Wait - so Pass Rapidus let you skip the line at each of those 8 rides, as opposed to one of the 8 rides? I really should pay more attention :(
Anyway - do rides have separate lines for first rows like usual?
As you had unlimited rapidus with the premium ticket, how many rides did you manage to squeeze in all up?
Cheers

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:07 pm

^ Most coasters were assigning rows. Depending on the op, I was able to request the front and back rows on the coasters except for Goudurix.

With the unlimited Rapidus, I rode OzIris and Zeus 12-14 times each and all other coasters at least twice.

Postby ul9601 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Oziris was the best by far - Zeus was ok and so was Goudurix. I rode Oz and Zeus a few time before decided to call it quits.
operation was pretty loose yet efficient - cell phone selfies and glasses etc no problems - Europa park I visited a bit later was far more strict - unnecessarily so, I mean Blue Fire is ok but nothing to write home about and Wodan is good but not a great woodie.
As for La Trace du Hourra, is it on track or free running like Flying Turns at Knoebels?
Thanks all for your help.
Cheers.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:24 pm

I was amazed how lax the park was with loose articles. They had people bring bags onto rides like Zeus!

Trace du Hourra is free running like Flying Turns. The biggest difference is Trace is steel instead of wood.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!