Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

P. 83: Launched Intamin announced for 2021
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:50 am

SharkTums wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Yikes that's quite the pile up.

Most water slides don't dispatch the next raft until it splashes down so I'm interested to know how this many rafts were sent down.

I've seen two, maybe three rafts at a time on the slide portion of these rides before, but obviously someone screwed up here and didn't stop the lift and just kept sending more rafts!!!

I always figured the blocking system on this kind of ride was pretty rudimentary to the point the conveyor belt on the lift is simply on a timer because in theory (cannot emphasise that enough) as the rafts are just inflatables there's not toooooo much that can go wrong as they would just bump into each other, but you would think they would have CCTV or something to at least have a cursory look now and again to make sure that basically every single raft on the entire ride hasn't crashed into each other because the chute has broken :?r

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sun May 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Parc Astérix announces spectacular new launched roller coaster

200518asterix1.jpg

Parc Astérix has announced a spectacular new attraction. The French theme park opens in 2021 a sensational launch roller coaster by the Swiss manufacturer Intamin. Launch coaster Taron in Phantasialand serves as an example.

That is what strategic director Frédéric Dubosc told tonight in the TV program Sept à huit on TV channel TF1. The new roller coaster will feature an LSM launch.

Nothing is known yet about the location, the theme and the layout. However, the director showed a video of Taron at his office.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun May 20, 2018 2:29 pm

^Wow that's certainly a nice addition! I haven't ridden taron but it does seem pretty good (and the reviews support this) so if it can serve as an example I'm very interested in knowing how this'll turn out. :)
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Sweet! The more Intamin launched coasters in the world, the better. :b
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby JG-77 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:32 pm

If the layout’s good, we may get the best rollercoaster in France right next to the worst one :lmao:
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun May 20, 2018 3:32 pm

Sounds like a great addition! These Intamin launchers are real crowd pleasers that can offer a little bit of everything in the layout.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disney California Adventure & Disneyland

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon May 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Another 2021 announcement? Wow, A lot of great projects are coming between now and then.
I'm exited about this one, Taron blew me away the first time riding it and it's one of the best coaster I ever did any project inspire by that ride has high chance of being great as well.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon May 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Since we were planning to be in Paris around Spring, 2022...better get a car rented too,
so I/we can get out to the Parc, from wherever we're staying. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby JordyC » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:58 am

Parc Astérix invests 6.6 million euros in new attraction

070618sola.jpg

Next year, Parc Astérix opens a new attraction of 6.6 million euros. That is what director Nicolas Kremer says in an interview. In 2019, visitors to the French themepark can discover a 5D cinema, with special effects and moving chairs.

In the cinema room, an eight-minute film is shown on a screen of six meters high and twenty meters wide. There is space for 300 spectators per performance. What the film will be about is not yet known. Parc Astérix will be 30 years old in 2019.

The number of visitors to the park shows an upward trend. Last year, Parc Astérix attracted more than two million visitors for the first time. This year, the two millionth guest was welcomed at the end of August, even before the busy Halloween period.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:00 am

The guy second to the front doesn't give two sh*ts about what's happening on screen. :lol: :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!