Toverland Discussion Thread

P. 65: More details on parks 2018 expansion
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did my donkey title just change???

Re: Toverland Discussion Thread

Postby JooordiW » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:46 am

Update:

Source: ThemeparkFreaks.eu

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 pm

This will be the new entrance area of Toverland: Port Laguna

180118adventure1.jpg

Toverland revealed today how their brand new entrance area will look like. The Dutch theme park will receive a new main entrance this summer, decorated as an idyllic harbor town with souvenir shops, catering, entertainment, a water playground and special interactive elements. It will be named Port Laguna.

"We immerse our visitors in Mediterranean spheres", explains a spokeswoman. "In Port Laguna it is always warm and colorful, even in gray and gloomy weather." When visitors have passed through the main entrance and access control, they are in the middle of a port area with azure water and an atmospheric boulevard: the Via Magia.

Several buildings will be located on Via Magia: souvenir shop Mundo Magica, eatery Mañana, toilets, souvenir shop Magistralis' Magic Store, games stalls and the 27 meter tall lighthouse Solaris. The entrance area also accommodates fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and the guest service. A large terrace and water playground La Sirena complete the picture. Moreover, there is room for a large stage in the summer months.

"We were looking for a theme that is natural and adventurous". The designs seem to be inspired by Port of Entry, the entrance area of Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando, USA. Toverland came up with a background story about a beachcomber who, thanks to a message in a bottle with a magic spell, managed to obtain great riches.

The Magic Store of the Magistralis family is not just a souvenir shop. Before visitors enter the mysterious shop, they are welcomed by a magician for a special interactive show. In the shop itself, wands can be purchased that can activate various effects in Port Laguna. Toverland was inspired by the concept of The Wizarding World or Harry Potter.

"Port Laguna will be the heart of Toverland," says the spokeswoman. Visitors from the horseshoe-shaped area will soon be able to enter the various themed areas of the park. The opening will probably take place on July 7, 2018. On that date, the new themed area Avalon will open, with the wing coaster Fenix and the water attraction Merlin's Quest. The total investment amounts to 35 million euros.

180118adventure9.jpg

180118adventure4.jpg

180118adventure14.jpg

180118adventure5.jpg

180118tover.jpg

180118adventure6.jpg

180118adventure12.jpg

180118adventure3.jpg

180118adventure10.jpg

180118adventure13.jpg

180118adventure8.jpg

180118adventure2.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpine Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 45

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Dombot » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:37 pm

I love that they even have a wand show included. It's like Europe's own little IoA. :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Postby viking86 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:45 am

That looks fantastic! It's crazy to think how far Toverland has come since they opened the doors in 2001. :)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:34 am

This will be a big improvement for the park--much more inviting.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:26 am

Dombot wrote:I love that they even have a wand show included. It's like Europe's own little IoA. :lol:

They already have (had?) a walkthrough attraction in which you were given an interactive wand and you could wander around a castle activating different effects. I am talking ca. 2009...

Postby JordyC » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:22 am

oriolat wrote:
Dombot wrote:I love that they even have a wand show included. It's like Europe's own little IoA. :lol:

They already have (had?) a walkthrough attraction in which you were given an interactive wand and you could wander around a castle activating different effects. I am talking ca. 2009...

Yes, it is still there! It is called Toverhuis (Magic House).
45154.800.jpg
Toverland.com
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpine Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 45

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Everything looks awesome, but I am still trying visualize how it all fits with the existing buildings, parking lots, etc.

Does anybody have a drawing or something that shows the new entrance, and everything beyond it? Overhead?
From the announcement videos first released, you get just a slight look at it all...then the videos end.

Thanks in advance if anybody has a shot like that. :smile:

EDIT: Already found some visuals of what it's supposed to turn out, like. :)

P.S. If they take that facade piece on the current front of the "box" and move it to the other end, where the doors
open to this new section (or the reverse) that would be a great start!
ToverlandEntry.jpg
So move all this to the other end of the box, yes? No? Photo from TPR, thanks!
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:04 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:23 pm

This has gone from I hope we can fit this in between Phantasialand and Efteling, to a must do on the day in between those

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:28 pm

^ Yes, I was planning to go Walibi Holland on our next Amsterdam visit (2022). But now that I see all this expansion happening,
maybe going here would be a nice change. Not to mention riding TROY! again and again and again... :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!