Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 91 - A Zamperla Looping Discovery announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:44 pm

ajfelice wrote:Why don't we just make the switch now? Our current trains have not reached the end of their service life by any means, and the cost of switching would take away greatly from other expansions and improvements.

Bingo. A park doesn't just switch out for a new set of trains because there's a newer model available. I'd bet that those trains still have a long life ahead of them, and Ravine Flyer II still kicks all kinds of butt.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby pryonisys » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 pm

ajfelice wrote:Great question. For now, Ravine Flyer II will run PTCs. Looking back to 2006-2008, Timberliners were still in development, Millennium Flyers were not being fitted onto non-GCI rides yet, and the single-bench PTC would have been a prototype and the risk after a decade of waiting wasn't worth taking. Why don't we just make the switch now? Our current trains have not reached the end of their service life by any means, and the cost of switching would take away greatly from other expansions and improvements. Lastly, a death blow to a season would be extended downtime for Ravine Flyer II if there were teething issues with new trains.

I actually didn't know the timeline for the development of the timberlines. I love Ravine Flyer as it is so I have no issue at all with the PTC trains. It was just a curiosity that now has an answer (timberliner trains being in development when the coaster was put in).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Thu May 23, 2019 10:44 am

Heading to the park Saturday! Hopefully the weather is not too terrible. Cant wait... first time in about 6 years. I love these small family parks.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby pryonisys » Thu May 23, 2019 10:50 am

Weather looks pretty crummy for Erie right now. Hopefully the weather reports are wrong for you, I hope you have a great time.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby _s3_ » Thu May 23, 2019 11:46 am

Eh, par the course for Erie from the start of May until about the second week of June in terms of weather forecasting.

Most of the time it's just a straight 40% to 60% chance of rain predicted every day. The only thing you can really count on is the temperature being fairly accurate, although every day has been around 5 degrees or more above the forecasted high.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 23, 2019 12:13 pm

alilstronger wrote:Heading to the park Saturday! Hopefully the weather is not too terrible. Cant wait... first time in about 6 years. I love these small family parks.

I have no doubt the park will stay open and I'm thinking of going as well. I've been on a day when it rained hard all day and they stayed open almost all day despite the fact I'm pretty sure they were losing money.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Postby pryonisys » Thu May 23, 2019 1:45 pm

_s3_ wrote:Eh, par the course for Erie from the start of May until about the second week of June in terms of weather forecasting.

Most of the time it's just a straight 40% to 60% chance of rain predicted every day. The only thing you can really count on is the temperature being fairly accurate, although every day has been around 5 degrees or more above the forecasted high.

Agreed, the weather report today was for thunderstorms and I think we had a sprinkle in the morning. It would have been a beautiful day to head out and ride Ravine Flyer II.

Postby alilstronger » Fri May 24, 2019 6:17 am

I called the park and they are opening as scheduled. They said they will close if there are not enough people in the park.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby pryonisys » Sat May 25, 2019 8:46 pm

The weather ended up being great today, I hope you had a great time

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thedlr » Sat May 25, 2019 9:41 pm

Hoping for decent weather on Wednesday!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!