Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:06 pm

It's old news at this point, but unfortunately Canobie cancelled plans for their rapids ride after Dreamworld's accident. It's pretty frustrating since Canobie hasn't added anything in a while and their last addition (Equinox) didn't even last a year.

The Xtreme Frisbee has been down for a year at this point. The vehicle is still covered so it doesn't look like it will open anytime soon. That's a big hit for the park since it's one of their more popular rides.

But on the bright side, there are a lot of construction markers on a patch of land next to the Corkscrew and Castaway Island. I know it has been a popular rumor that the Corkscrew may be removed, but I think the ride will be around for quite some time. The trains received a fresh new paint job and the park has added some signs about the ride's history in the queue. I doubt they do that if it were on the chopping block.

I have a hunch they plan to open a water slide complex there and slowly start building a water park like Quassy. Both parks started with just a water play structure. And the marker location makes sense for slides because of their proximity to Castaway Island.

Also it's a great day to be at the park. No lines anywhere since there was a threat of rain earlier. Setting a new personal best for Cannonball rides in a visit.
IMG_7479.JPG
Corkscrew's newly painted train.
IMG_7480.JPG
Survey markers.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Universal Studios Hollywood & Six Flags Magic Mountain

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:43 pm

That's a real shame because that seemed to be an excellent fit for the park. Hopefully they can come up with something even better.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:41 am

Yeah I agree. Though with the location of the new markers it seems the rapids ride with the same theme likely isn't in the cards next year.

I noticed Matterhorn/Equinox's old pad had a construction fence and a sign saying something was coming, so maybe they'll add a ride back in that spot mid-season? That was hinted at during a regional event. I just hope they get new rides since the last 2 used rides they've bought have had major mechanical issues.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Universal Studios Hollywood & Six Flags Magic Mountain

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:26 am

I would love if they filled Equinox's space with a Zamperla Vertical Swing, maybe one that is just a bit taller than Crows Nest at Holiday World. Or maybe even a Zamperla Air Race.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:31 am

The park has an 80-85ft height restriction so they can't go too high. I'm hoping for an inverting flat so an air race would fit the bill.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:32 am

Damn, that sucks! I had a great time at Canobie last year, hopefully they can give me a reason to go back sooner rather than later.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:41 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:The park has an 80-85ft height restriction so they can't go too high. I'm hoping for an inverting flat so an air race would fit the bill.

Yeah. I mean, Crows Nest is only 65 feet tall and it is still plenty thrilling. Put yeah, I would also love to see something that goes upside down. Or maybe even a Zamperla Endeavor! I rode the one at Six Flags Over Texas and it was a blast! Although I saw three different people get off the ride and vomit.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby sfriday1998 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 am

EliHorton wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:The park has an 80-85ft height restriction so they can't go too high. I'm hoping for an inverting flat so an air race would fit the bill.

Yeah. I mean, Crows Nest is only 65 feet tall and it is still plenty thrilling. Put yeah, I would also love to see something that goes upside down. Or maybe even a Zamperla Endeavor! I rode the one at Six Flags Over Texas and it was a blast! Although I saw three different people get off the ride and vomit.

Which ride at SFOT is the Endeavor? I have a feeling I'd love to see that!
Current coaster count: 76
Top flats: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, New England Sky Screamer, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT
Top 10 coasters: Wicked Cyclone, Superman TR, Nitro, El Toro, Top Thrill Dragster, Tatsu, Millennium Force, X2, Revenge of the Mummy (USH), Boulder Dash
:airtime:
Stay in school

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:03 am

sfriday1998 wrote:Which ride at SFOT is the Endeavor? I have a feeling I'd love to see that!

Catwoman's Whip at SFOT. https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/attractions/catwoman-whip-0

It's the new Zamperla take on the classic Enterprise. I really need to get on one of them myself...

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:10 am

I'm sure Canobie is quite hesitant about used rides at this point, but just the same, how about this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUSS-TRI-STAR-AMUSEMENT-PARK-RIDE-carnival-GREAT-CONDITION-/161198002672

Looks like it's the one that used to be at Kennywood and Idlewild, if the description is accurate. Probably far from the most popular ride, and nowhere near new, but I remember loving the Tristar at Riverside park before it became SFNE. I've wanted to find one running again since.

If Troikas can be making a comeback at Cedar Fair parks all over, it's not entirely far-fetched to imagine seeing a Tristar again!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!