Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:07 pm

Um, looking at this photo...I really didn't want to read too much into this....but....
you must admit, does this look "sort of dirty"? :wink:

Thanks for all the updates!
Canobie Lake Park.png
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:01 pm

:lol:

I love TPR.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:22 pm

So I finally made it to Canobie Lake Park after many failed attempts (for one reason or another) and I have to say that it was a very enjoyable park and pretty much what I thought it would be. It was a beautiful independent park that actually seemed much larger than the map would make it out to be. And rides were spaced out very well including some of the smaller kid rides mixed in as well which is always appreciated.

As for coasters they are somewhat underwhelming compared to most parks including many in the same size bracket.

Dragon: it's a kiddie Zamperla, not much else. It did have a ridiculously slow loading and unloading though for a kid coaster. 3/10

Corkscrew : Again it's a off the shelf Corkscrew model, nothing special. It was a little smoother than most but not perfect.
5/10

Untamed: Not a bad ride other than a little shuffling and one rough transition into the helix. If it had the newer Eurofighter cars it would be much better. Still a decent ride, but again a off the shelf model.
7/10

Yankee Cannonball : easily the best coaster and one of the best rides in the park. Still not a great Wooden Coaster but for being as old as it is it was fairly smooth, however there wasn't as much air time as I was expecting based on the layout and hills. Also one train made for slightly slow loading.
8/10

Overall the park has a nice collection of flats and classics but nothing really putting them on the map as a destination. Just a really good regional Park. My biggest complaint was the park patrons here, way too much line jumping and rude people pushing and bumping into every one for my likes. I know it's close to Boston so maybe that explains a lot (I'm from Central NY so I have my certain biases lol). Some ride operators were also painfully slow and looked like they could care less about being there. Yet we also saw many who were having tons of fun and were very pleasant.

The food we had was average but serviceable. We ate at Sons of Liberty tavern which was unusual that they take your order like a sit down but it's fast like a counter service. I did love the small themed areas like the Old Canobie Village and Colonial Boston section. Overall it was an enjoyable add on to our Maine Vacation but in no means would I drive much more out of my way to get there, I actually think from an overall perspective I liked Santa's Village up North better despite being a more kid friendly park. Who knows maybe of they add a big new coaster we will be back but for now we're good.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:142
STEEL:113
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:12 pm

Glad you enjoyed Canobie!

As for the line jumping, most of the clientele tends to be unsupervised teens so I'm guessing that's who was line jumping.

The Yankee Cannonball used to have more air before it was retracked a few years ago. But as you noted, the ride is remarkably smooth so it paid off in that regard.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!