Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: COASTER FREAK 11, grsupercity and 26 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:55 pm

sdcfan88 wrote:Interesting, sounds like they decided not to go with the Hypercoaster addition for the park, maybe this means it will be SDC to get one instead in the near future. I will be curious to see which theme they go with. Hopefully it winds up being a revival of the Flooded Mine of sorts since they removed theirs years ago. (unlike SDC)

Not necessarily. I've received 2 or 3 surveys this year and the one before the coaster survey was actually a dark ride survey as well.

Personally, I think they have something picked out already and are working towards planning rides for their next 5 or 10 year plan. They said they will move into another plan next

It's probably safe to say a coaster and a dark ride are coming. The question is, what's first?

I will also say, the themes in this dark ride survey sound better than the first. Possibly why the sent out another dark ride survey

Also, founders day sounds similar to the walk through area I received in a survey

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:05 pm

On an unrelated note, I was at the park today for work. They have already started setting up for luminights! No real pumpkins yet, but some of their large displays are up

Very hot day at the park today and the first time I saw dragonflyer as a walk on BUT wild eagle was only running one train (rare) and it was a walk on, firechaser was a walk on, LR, and so on. Pretty much everything was except for the air-conditioned restaurants, and river ramplage! Aunt grannies had them out the door, front porch cafe also had them lined up, and even reds took 30 mins to get food. What does this bring me to? Dollywood needs more indoor stuff for days like today or more water rides.. the park was DEAD and people still couldn't escape the heat!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jdprince45 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:03 pm

How busy is the park Easter week?

Postby dstephe9 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Depends on how many days, if any, local schools are out. Some build their Spring Break around Easter, depending when Easter falls. During the week though, I figure you will be fine and crowds will be smaller

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Djwadeknox » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:48 pm

What’s up with the websites with the ride times? Not updated since 9/1, anyway to fix it?

http://dw.jonstoddart.com/?day=2019-09-01
Dollywood Rocks and I like turtles!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby tndank » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:02 pm

Queue-times works

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Djwadeknox wrote:What’s up with the websites with the ride times? Not updated since 9/1, anyway to fix it?

http://dw.jonstoddart.com/?day=2019-09-01

My guess is DW changed something that broke his tool.

Hopefully he can fix it.

Anyone have contact info for the site owner?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby megan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:55 am

Not sure what’s up in craftsman valley. Waterfalls been off most all season. School house closed all season. Some of those details missing make this park unique. Hope there’s a plan to get these back up soon.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:19 am

The water in craftsman valley will remain off for the rest of the season now that the Christmas lights are in place.

Maintenance usually starts around the begging of July with that.
Yankee Cannonball <3

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby megan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:23 pm

Was off earlier in the season than that and I’ve seen lights on with full water flow before. Even during Christmas event. The water has been off since I came in late May.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!