Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Jdprince45 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:17 pm

It was my understanding that in 2020 they were focusing on expanding and remodeling dream more. https://www.waff.com/2019/06/06/dolly-parton-whats-new-pigeon-forge/

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:47 pm

That's been mentioned a few times but no timeframe on it. Even the CEO of HFE mentioned that Dolly's resort business is doing well so they will be looking into that soon.

Again, no dates though. I always figured that would be part of their next 5 - 10 year investment/expansion as they are technically just nearing the end of first investment. It's no secret that the resort expansion is coming though, multiple people have mentioned it on Dollywoods leadership team.

Years ago, when they announced the current expansion and monetary investment, the new area was always hinted as being the final part. The new area includes Wildwood Grove and the rest of the clearing. A few of us even believe a resort will be built into the park as part of this new area. The area is on the edge of the park so it's possible guest will still be able to get in and out of the resort without coming through Dollywood.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby megan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:27 am

Love the idea of s more “in park” resort. I always felt the “siting” of dreammore was a bit odd in that it felt so removed from the park. I wish they could at least route the DreamMore trolleys on a private road that didn’t “leave property” also they REALLY need to offer shuttle service to their dinner theatre attractions. You would have a better chance of a “captive audience” if you truly never had to move the car.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby neilnky » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:34 am

Did ya'll get the survey from Dollywood today? It was wanting to compare indoor ride themes between Firefly Frenzy, Hidden Cavern, and Founder's Day. I want the cave option!!!
Last edited by neilnky on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:31 am.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:11 am

neilnky wrote:Did ya'll get the survey from Dollywood today? It was wanting to compare indoor ride themes between Firefly Frenzy, Hidden Cave, and Founder's Day. I want the cave option!!!

No, can you post a screenshot of the survey? I’d like to compare. Which I already know I’m going to probably like the Hidden Cave option. I’ve heard some rumors/tales tossed around about Phase 2 and a deep cave that explores the depths of Wildwood Grove with a possible monster?

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby neilnky » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:30 am

Oh my it was so many screens I don't think I can do that lol. Firefly Frenzy was about tracking down what happened to all the fire flies. Turns out a lady collected them with a funny machine to spread the magic of Wildwood Grove everywhere. The Hidden Cavern was about a mythical cave full of gems you discover along the way in Wildwood Grove, and Founders Day was a celebration of Wildwood Grove. I thought option one and two were ok with two being the best for me. I think it is way to soon for option three. I may be off a bit on some details but that should be close. All options are interactive where you are I think shooting things as you go along to collect them. It will be cool to watch what happens!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:36 am

I finally got my drop tower in front of Thunderhead, could I finally be getting my wish for a shooting dark ride as well?!?! =)

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby sdcfan88 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Interesting, sounds like they decided not to go with the Hypercoaster addition for the park, maybe this means it will be SDC to get one instead in the near future. I will be curious to see which theme they go with. Hopefully it winds up being a revival of the Flooded Mine of sorts since they removed theirs years ago. (unlike SDC)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:26 pm

I would love the hyper coaster in that survey (or the extreme spinner), but this park really needs a dark ride on those cold days when all other outdoor rides not named Drop Line are closed.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Postby ernierocker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:46 pm

^I agreee. A dark ride in Wildwood Grove would go perfectly with the new indoor play building in the colder months the park is open.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!