Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:28 pm

One of the operators said it usually means it was launched too fast. The launch felt like normal. We just were really slowed by those brakes at the top and slowly rolled all the way back to the base of the hill where they released us and walked us back to the station. When I had got in line the ride went down for like 30 minutes or so then ran like 5 test cycles. My rollback was maybe the 8th or so cycle after it had reopened.

The same operator said it had happened four times the day before.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby sdcfan88 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Unpopular Opinion Time: I think Lightning Rod will soon wind up being what Buzzsaw Falls was for SDC. A problem prone coaster prototype that will get converted into something else in a few years. There has just been way too much downtime with this thing.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:41 am

^ Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

Changing topics quickly because that doesn't really require further discussion, does anyone know when Dollywood's 2020 season passes will go on sale? We skipped picking them up last year, but are probably going to do so this season so we can visit this Christmas and next, and since everyone in the family is into waterparks, we'll probably shell out extra for the super passes so we can come down in the summertime as well.
That coaster dad [335] and that coaster kiddo [212]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Copperhead Strike. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:58 am

Last year it was right after October when the passes started being offered that included the rest of 2019 and 2020.

I'd imagine as soon as Smoky Mountain Christmas starts the passes you buy will be good for 2019 and 2020

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Taylor Finn » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:22 am

coneyislandchris wrote:^ Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

Changing topics quickly because that doesn't really require further discussion, does anyone know when Dollywood's 2020 season passes will go on sale? We skipped picking them up last year, but are probably going to do so this season so we can visit this Christmas and next, and since everyone in the family is into waterparks, we'll probably shell out extra for the super passes so we can come down in the summertime as well.

Yeah, that's what we have done the last few years. Purchased one in Winter of 2017 to enjoy two sets of Christmas events. Gonna do the same this year. It is a no brainer for us. Get four days in the parks for these two events, can visit once in the summer or spring and get the bring a buddy days. Even being 8 hours away, it just makes sense.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:59 am

dstephe9 wrote:Last year it was right after October when the passes started being offered that included the rest of 2019 and 2020.

Last year was weird. They had them early for a while related to new area. Then they stopped and didn't come back for a few weeks.

But for sure Nov when they reopen for Christmas.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:17 am

As far as people know, has LR generally been running, historically, in early Oct? Im planning my trip finally.
Though I just saw a POV of Dragonflier (won't lie didn't really bother before) and for what it is...looks kind of good actually.
Anyway I'm stoked to finally get to this park.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:20 am

^ We're in uncharted territory since it has basically been running for a full season. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:48 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ We're in uncharted territory since it has basically been running for a full season. :lol:

IKR :lmao:
Its why Im kind of tempted to pull the trigger and go soon BUT I have a major trip to save for/recover AND summer crowds.... Im gunna wait till early Oct and pray the coaster gods keep shining
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:00 pm

JJLehto wrote:Though I just saw a POV of Dragonflier (won't lie didn't really bother before) and for what it is...looks kind of good actually.

It's a lot of fun. Much more than expected for a family coaster. A few inversions and it'd be outstanding.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!