Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 27 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby ripleybl » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:39 pm

My summarized trip report of the coasters from Dollywood... My first ever trip. Thanks again and shoutout to everyone who helped me plan my trip on this site/forum.

Okay this park is freaking amazing! Rained the whole time on Saturday (and weekend pretty much) and everything was still open all day (yes, even LR!!!). Highly recommend the unlimited fastpass thingy when visiting. Valet parking was awesome because of the rain and they brought my car right to us and didn't get any more wet than we already were. Food was the best I have had in an amusement park and the cinnamon bread... Yeah that is crack cocaine as well as Grandma Gee's (or whatever her name is that is the grandma that bakes biscuits and has been for 10000 years) garlic butter biscuits. I ate 6 biscuits and a loaf of cinnamon bread by myself on top of my meal.

Okay coasters... Rain=pins and needles piercing your skin when riding a coaster (this was for all of them)

LR- 6x on this thing (1st ride in the front, the rest in the back) This coaster is bad a$$! Way better in the back in my opinion and the quadruple down is absurd (in an awesome way). Yes I think SV is better, but only because of length. Girlfriend agrees. My shins and lower back are sore still... lol

Thunderhead- 4x on this and it's amazing. Every park should have a wooden coaster like this is all I will say about it. I get why is was ranked #1 coaster for so long back in the day.

Wild Eagle- 3x and the first drop in the back is great. Great wing coaster and the beginning and middle I think is better than Gatekeeper. Length of it make me like Gatekeeper a tad bit more. Amazing wing coaster though. Well, amazing coaster in general I meant to say as well.

Dragonflier- Front row 2x and back row 1x. This was awesome! I like how it's suspended and just a lap bar. Very comfortable seats and lap bars. There was a family and had 2 kids (10yr old and about a 5yr old- i'm guessing). 10yr old chickened out, got off the ride and started crying and made a scene, and the 5yr old stayed on and was her first coaster ever. She looked sooooo scared, but her dad had her hand and she went off and didn't look back as they ascended up the lift hill. She came back with the biggest smile on her face and looked at everyone in the queue, "that was fun daddy let's do it again! Brandon you're a scaredie cat!!!" everyone died laughing and Brandon had another breakdown and was embarrassed and now his younger sister owns him! LOL So funny!!!

Mystery Mine- 3x. Surprisingly very fun minus the length, but noticing this is Dollywood and doesn't probably have the budget for a longer coaster. Very comfortable seats and the bulky OTSR are very comfortable too and still give you room for airtime, etc

Firechaser Express- 2x... I was actually disappointed a little. Didn't realize it was going to be such a family coaster. I was expecting like a Verbolten or something for some reason. Going backwards is very cool though and I liked the launches.

Tennessee Tornado- 2x... Smoothest Arrow in the history of Arrow and loved the first and 2nd loop. 3rd inversion felt very much like Anaconda at KD. Still, it was smooth and I didn't feel like I wanted to die when I got off. The first drop was awesome that it was in a tunnel.

Blazing Fury- I didn't ride it because I didn't know about it until I just googled Dollywood to remind myself which coasters we went on while we were there. SMH!!! LOL

Anyway, I highly recommend this park to everyone. Not only is the park one of my favorites now, Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg is awesome! Tram was awesome, Alpine coaster was great, the new suspended bridge at Skypark is awesome, tons of stuff to do, go carts galore, restaurants galore!

Married with kids, married with no kids, not married, single, whatever... doesn't matter. Head to Pigeon Forge for a long weekend and check out Dollywood and Pigeon Forge! Well worth it!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Glad you enjoyed Dollywood! Blazing Fury is cute, but it's not a must ride. I actually think it has been a few years since I've ridden it to be honest.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Awesome man! I've never heard of anyone having a bad time at Dollywood. It's a fantastic place and I'm glad you got to experience it.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby tndank » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:35 am

Sounds like a great trip. Awesome you enjoyed the area.

Blazing Fury...hate that you missed that gem. Great old indoor ride. And the last drop is actually RMC track.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Great report, heading west to Dollywood Saturday for my first time. Staying a week in one of Dollywood's cabins and plan to do as much Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg stuff as a family can do in a week.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby neilnky » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:05 pm

I would think that the new resort hotel Dolly has said is coming soon will be over in the area where DreamMore is and not anywhere near the main Dollywood area right? Just curious what you guys thought. I would think the immediate Dollywood land area would have to be for more parking and future expansions. I am not sure how much land they own just can't wait to see actual theme park attraction expansions over the next decade like this last one. I know Opryland ran out of expansion room and was hoping that would never be an issue for Dollywood.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jdprince45 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:28 am

Sounds like Dreammore will be expanded before Wildwood Grove Phase II https://www.waff.com/2019/06/06/dolly-parton-whats-new-pigeon-forge/

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby octoroach » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:13 am

I've never been to Dollywood and I 100% plan on fixing that this year. Anyone think lightning rod will be part of thrills in the hills ert this year (I think has never been so far)? I want to get night rides, so its either go to the event if its on the ERT schedule or plan my trip for october/november when its darker earlier.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:27 pm

octoroach wrote:I've never been to Dollywood and I 100% plan on fixing that this year. Anyone think lightning rod will be part of thrills in the hills ert this year (I think has never been so far)? I want to get night rides, so its either go to the event if its on the ERT schedule or plan my trip for october/november when its darker earlier.

Whoa there's an event? I had no idea.
Hmmm yes if anyone can provide any info on this (not seeing concrete on the site) I would be greatly interested. I too was planning on going later (prob Oct) or perhaps this summer and use fast pass, but if there's an ERT event...
Cause yeah hell or high water I wanna finally do Lightning Rod and I hear nothing but great things about this park.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:32 pm

Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!