Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 20 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby tndank » Sat May 18, 2019 7:24 am

Thunderhead currently closed. I can hear drills and hammering. Never saw the work being done. Surely it's not down all day today
...it's going to be packed.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby blk_mamba » Sun May 19, 2019 2:50 pm

So next weekend will be my first time @ Dollywood. I hear that the park is nice but there are other must do places to visit. Anyone have some suggestions of places a first timer should not miss?

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:57 pm

^ Hit all the main coasters, they are each great in their own right. Obviously Grist Mill as well for the cinnamon bread, I think it's a bit overrated but even then I still loved it to death. Other rides to hit are Daredevil Falls and Drop Line (there are probably a couple others I'm forgetting). Best restaurants to eat at are Miss Lillian's Chicken House in Craftsmen's Valley and the Backstage Restaurant in Showstreet.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun May 19, 2019 5:04 pm

I think he was asking about places to see in the vicinity of Dollywood rather than in the park itself.

Pigeon Forge is a tourist trap, so there are all the usual "weird museum" type places. There are a couple of mountain coasters along route 321. There's also The Island, which is a newer retail district with a ropes course and a Ferris Wheel. Down in Gatlinburg is another mountain coaster, more weird museums, and a Ripley's Aquarium, which is apparently actually really good.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby hagwar » Thu May 23, 2019 9:24 am

Hey y'all 2 quick questions please:

Any clue what the crowds might be like tomorrow (5/24) from open until 2 pm or so? Thinking of driving up to checkout Wildwood Grove.

Also, I tried to call and wasn't able to connect with anybody who knows but can I buy a single day admission and convert it to a season pass at guest services before we leave?

Thanks so much!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Thu May 23, 2019 9:47 am

Holiday weekend Friday likely very crowded as people like to take extra days off (make it a 4 day weekend) and kids usually out of school.

Yes, you can upgrade ticket to season pass any day. There are bo days that it's not an option.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby tndank » Thu May 23, 2019 10:16 am

I would agree. I bet the park is very busy. If you're interested in riding a lot, the $50 TimeSaver Unlimited will still take care of you. And you can get reserved tickets to shows and skip those lines, too.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby hagwar » Fri May 24, 2019 7:01 am

tndank wrote:I would agree. I bet the park is very busy. If you're interested in riding a lot, the $50 TimeSaver Unlimited will still take care of you. And you can get reserved tickets to shows and skip those lines, too.
TEDodd wrote:Holiday weekend Friday likely very crowded as people like to take extra days off (make it a 4 day weekend) and kids usually out of school.

Yes, you can upgrade ticket to season pass any day. There are bo days that it's not an option.

Thank you both! Decided to hold off and head up at a later time.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:01 am

blk_mamba wrote:So next weekend will be my first time @ Dollywood. I hear that the park is nice but there are other must do places to visit. Anyone have some suggestions of places a first timer should not miss?

Hit Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg while you're in the area. There's some really unique gems (combination of genuinely cool and so-bad-its-good) attractions down the stretch... Goats on the Roof (fun) and Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride (amazingly terrible) are both worth a stop. Plus there are tons of quirky options for mini golf if that's your thing!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby vertec909 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:08 pm

They have put the fronts back on the trains.
20190531_144624.jpg
20190531_145845.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!