Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby TEDodd » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:34 pm

LR ran great this fall once it reopened.

The Luminights stuff has increased the late October crowds, but yes everything is running except some water rides.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:43 pm

TEDodd wrote:LR ran great this fall once it reopened.

The Luminights stuff has increased the late October crowds, but yes everything is running except some water rides.

Excellent, I rarely do water rides and LR running well is huge, as thats why I chose this park to do over some others.
What about a weekday vs weekend? I reckon weekday must be better at that time of year.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby tinaalsgirl » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:59 am

I went to Dollywood on Halloween last year; it was a Wednesday. It was PERFECT. The weather was warm, but not hot, and the crowds were... well, non-existent. We walked onto all the rides. The crowd picked up a little in the evening, but it was mostly just parents with little kids in costumes there to trick'or'treat at LumiNights. I absolutely would recommend a weekday.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:01 am

I was at Dollywood last year on the Friday after Halloween. LumiNights was still happening and the crowds did pick up a little bit moreso at night than the day, but the rides were mostly walk-ons including Lightning Rod, which btw ran perfect all day. It's definitely one of the best times to visit the park!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:02 pm

Excellent! Thanks for the input everyone.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

I Love Donkeys!

Postby matthew.sullivan1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:11 pm

What will the crowds be like on Good Friday (April 19th)? It’ll be my first time at the park. I’m staying at dreammore so we’ll have complimentary timesaver passes regardless but I really hope it won’t be packed. I’m also crossing my finger at that Wildwood Grove will be open, I heard someone say mid-late April so we’ll see what happens.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby jlp94 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 am

Their new Vekoma SFC is lookin' shiiiny!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:05 pm

I'm so excited to see the finished product! I'm sure its going to look amazing!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby DollyWould » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:00 am

To further solidify the rumors of Slidewinder's demise, it has now been listed on Wikipedia as being defunct (if you believe Wiki).
Also, the link to the ride's separate description web page has been deleted. It now redirects to the general ride and attractions page :-|

I also suspect the SkyZip will not be returning for the 2019 season as well, which is not as a big of a loss for me personally. I took the opportunity to ride it once, in it's opening season way back when (and now zip lines are all over the area, so it's wasn't that unique of an attraction anymore).

However, the Mountain Slidewinder, imo was the park's best water ride—definitely the wettest! Such a classic staple for the park to quietly remove, with no last-rides opportunity for us longtime fans.

How does the park decide what to announce which rides they are removing, such as River Battle? While others, such as the Wonder Wheel, and now Slidewinder & SkyZip just fade away.

I do have to wonder if Slidewinder is actually in the process of being dismantled or if it will just sit dormant until the park finds a reason to re purpose the land?

I guess we can find out on March 15, about a month away now!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!