Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Djwadeknox » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:14 pm

Dollywood Rocks and I like turtles!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DWsuperfan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:10 am

Anytime I hear something like her story, I’m always skeptical. I always think , “but what were you doing to cause that?” , idk maybe it’s just me but I find it hard to believe that she just “lost her grip” and then flew out of the boat far enough to “hit the side of the ride” without falling out of the boat altogether, because the only thing she could’ve hit would’ve been slide. Idk. I find it sketchy.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:21 am

tuxedomask5432 wrote:^ I don't think i've ever seen Gwen without her severe eye makeup. I hardly recognized her! Looking great girl! =)

Could use a burger or 3.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:23 am

ElvisLuv wrote:
tuxedomask5432 wrote:^ I don't think i've ever seen Gwen without her severe eye makeup. I hardly recognized her! Looking great girl! =)

Ok

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Bobby2889 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 am

I agree, i don't think this was at fault of the ride, more so the people on it. Ive been grouped with people I don't know, they throw their hands up, "rock" it, etc... The GP are to Blame for a lot.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:44 am

For the past decade, I've been taking my family to a new park every year; and 2019 will mark our first visit to Dollywood. After researching the area, specifically cabin rentals, I decide to book one of Dollywood's cabins. The price was a little more, but some of the other cabin / house rental companies had horrendous Google/ Yelp/ Trip Advisor reviews.

I booked 8 days and 7 nights, with a few days for Dollywood and the rest for all the excitement Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge have to offer. The trip is planned for mid June in hopes the weather isn't terribly hot yet.

Any hidden jems or trip tips will be appreciated. Thanks!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby TEDodd » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:11 am

esvadj wrote:The price was a little more, but some of the other cabin / house rental companies had horrendous Google/ Yelp/ Trip Advisor reviews.

I've rented a lot from one company and several months VRBO. Never an issue.

I'd be curious about the bad companies you found (PM as not germaine to thread).

As for tips/gems, what are your interests?

I really enjoy the trails in GSMNP.
And zip lines. Haven't found a bad one yet, though liked some more than others.
Legacy Mountain has been my favorite.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:15 pm

https://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Rides/Mountain-Slidewinder?fbclid=IwAR3-lq6PbEqKiJg2l6SxTKAXKljRPtkwYDiJM3OwEYIEtAAHbHtBa7Pqoeg

It's still on the website, just not on the rides list.....

I really hope this isn't the end for this ride.
Yankee Cannonball <3

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby i305isdaddy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:42 pm

The park always hides Slidewinder from the rides list when it's closed seasonally, or at least has for the last few winters.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby middle_keeny » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:39 am

esvadj wrote:For the past decade, I've been taking my family to a new park every year; and 2019 will mark our first visit to Dollywood. After researching the area, specifically cabin rentals, I decide to book one of Dollywood's cabins. The price was a little more, but some of the other cabin / house rental companies had horrendous Google/ Yelp/ Trip Advisor reviews.

I booked 8 days and 7 nights, with a few days for Dollywood and the rest for all the excitement Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge have to offer. The trip is planned for mid June in hopes the weather isn't terribly hot yet.

Any hidden jems or trip tips will be appreciated. Thanks!

1- I would invest in season passes for you and your guests. Make sure at least one person has a Gold Pass to cover parking. I say this so that you don't have to try and cram everything in but can come and go at your leisure.

2- Get a couple of drink cups. refills are only .99 and they will put water in them for you. All food stands will give you water for free in 8oz. cups but its nice to have to not stop all the time.

3 - There are more mountain coasters in that area than anywhere else in the world. Take advantage of it.

4 - if you want a change of pace, the motor nature trail in Gatlinburg is a nice getaway.

I'm a season passholder and you can always PM me with more questions

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!