Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 pm

I think it's unlikely they get something as wild as Lightning Rod. That's not to say Dollywood won't add a thrill ride; it's just Lightning Rod is more intense than all but a handful of coasters.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Valleyfair & Noah's Ark

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:56 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I think it's unlikely they get something as wild as Lightning Rod. That's not to say Dollywood won't add a thrill ride; it's just Lightning Rod is more intense than all but a handful of coasters.

True, I was typing that in a hurry and didn’t step back and think. I myself would love to see them get another coaster close to, or at the level of thrill/intensity of LR. Next down from LR, I see Thunderhead as the next best in the park as far as “wild and untamed” goes. Wild Eagle is just...chill. Just some early morning thoughts haha

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:02 am

^ From a guest perspective, I'm guessing Wild Eagle is considered the park's biggest thrill coaster after Lightning Rod because of its location on the hill and inversions. Since Herschend tends to buy rides in pairs, I'd love to see some sort of Mack coaster at Dollywood in the future.

But the thing I want most is a consistently operating Lightning Rod. That's better than adding a new B&M to me at least.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Valleyfair & Noah's Ark

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:39 pm

Once Wildwood Grove opens, I'd be perfectly okay with Dollywood's coaster lineup as it stands for the foreseeable future.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Looks like Dollywood was slammed today. Local reports of them being out of parking? Can't confirm that or if they even opened splash parking up or not. They also extended hours today. One of the few times this year they have done that!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Firechaser » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:09 pm

dstephe9 wrote:Looks like Dollywood was slammed today. Local reports of them being out of parking? Can't confirm that or if they even opened splash parking up or not. They also extended hours today. One of the few times this year they have done that!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I was at the park today and can confirm that it was slammed today. Cars were parked in the Splash Country lot, and it looked pretty full there when we left. I’ve never been on such a busy day before!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:26 pm

So, for a Note to Future Self...... Do Not Visit during the holiday weeks? ;)
happynewyear.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:55 pm

Unless it's Halloween! Halloween on a weekday was the absolute PERFECT day for my first ever visit. We walked on to all the rides, and even got a couple re-rides, despite getting to the park two hours after opening. And we weren't rushed at all; we were able to walk through the entire park at a slow pace, and actually did the "circle" of the park... three times? The crowds got slightly larger in the evening, but it was mostly school-age kids and their parents there for the trick-or-treating.

I absolutely wanna go to Dollywood again on a weekday Halloween! It was so amazing!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:03 pm

^ Truth, between Dollywood and Silver Dollar City, I really wanta visit that part of the U.S! :airtime:
happynewyear.jpg
I tend to repeat myself...
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:27 pm

You should! There's some space between things out here, but SDC, Holiday World, Kings Island, Dollywood, all are fantastic parks and not too difficult to get to. Kentucky Kingdom is a fun stop for a few hours too.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!