Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 19 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:29 am

Yeah I agree. The new fronts were only on for a month or so unless those where only temporary and weren't working out. No need to refurbish those yet! I believe it's something more than that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rebelrailroad » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:38 pm

I rode in the front row last night. All I can say is "wow." Love the open feeling. I hope they leave the hoods off. Ride op mentioned a manufacturer's recall....

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:36 am

So I finally got to ride Lightning Rod. First, I ALMOST didn't make as I struggled with the seatbelt. Held up the train and all but it finally clicked. RMC sure did humble my ass so off to the gym I go . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:07 am

jarmor wrote:So I finally got to ride Lightning Rod. First, I ALMOST didn't make as I struggled with the seatbelt. Held up the train and all but it finally clicked. RMC sure did humble my A$$ so off to the gym I go . . .

Congrats on you deciding to get in shape. I think that you won't regret it and will be a lot happier with how you feel afterwards. My main piece of advice is to remember that losing fat is about 80% what you eat, and only about 20% hard work at the gym. Hard work at the gym is necessary, but you really won't see any results until you clean up your diet. Just my two cents. Happy to see that you get on LR.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jdprince45 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:42 am

Has there been any new clues for the passholder preview date for Wildwood Grove? I saw the latest update on Screamscape and it looks like there is a way to go. I want to be there for the preview, but I need to give some notice to work

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Jdprince45 wrote:Has there been any new clues for the passholder preview date for Wildwood Grove?

I'd expect it to be like any other year. The day before official opening.

If the plan is for WG to open with the park in March, pass holder day would be the Friday (Mar 15) before opening weekend (Mar 16).

But no official opening date for the area yet, so just speculation.

But that's the best bet for a pass holder exclusive. Any later date would mean controlling entry to the area separate from the main entry and that's less likely.
Last edited by TEDodd on Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:11 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jdprince45 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:16 pm

I had wondered about the March date but looking at the most recent pictures it doesnt look like they can make it bu March

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby carolinaman » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:53 pm

As far as WG opening, we was told on the construction tour that it will open in May. Not sure when or if pass holders will get a sneak peek before the public.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jdprince45 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:04 pm

I may be wrong, but I thought a passholder preview was promised if you purchased the annual pass this year for next year

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Just a random thought here. LR is currently Dollywood’s most intense/wildest coaster, really their star attraction. I wonder if we’ll see a coaster more intense than/wilder than LR anytime soon?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!