Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 25 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:10 am

appel wrote:Well there you have it:

Quote from, "mramusementmedia", someone that nobody has ever heard of who doesn't even look like he's old enough to drink who was probably talking to some random ride ops if anyone at all on and then made this declaration to get attention on Instagram

Fixed...

appel wrote:joining Volcano: The Blast Coaster on the list of rides that are closed for the rest of the season

That news also broke because some dude with no inside information said it. He also said that the park would announce it a few days later which (surprise) never happened. I wonder why...
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:15 am.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:14 am

Yeah I just browsed through Instagram post and found a bunch of nonsense.. one guy said he was told it was down due to brake issues. Instagram is full of different reasons, some might be true but I'm sure all aren't.

When LR first opened, ride ops knew nothing.. Dollywood wouldn't tell them a think and even made them leave anytime anything was wrong with the coaster. I'm sure they have backed off that a little but I'm still sure they don't tell the ops muxh.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby neilnky » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:01 am

Hopefully they can get it all figured out for good. I suppose there is a bigger risk of problems when you get a "one of a kind" type ride. I can see it is challenging because you want to have something unique but you also want it to be as problem free as possible. I really trust Dollywood and although Lightning Rod may be down there are many other fun things to do. I am sure they are working toward a permanent solution and we just have to be patient. They definitely want it to be safe.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:04 pm

dstephe9 wrote:I don't know how anyone would see that it's been removed without driving to the employee side of the park

Since that's also where you'd go to apply for a job (so not controlled/restricted access), I plan to drive over to look while I'm in town this weekend.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:49 pm

TEDodd - Is that via the employee entrance off Upper Middle Creek Rd? Or where?

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:54 pm

It's Dollywood Lane off veterans.. closer to the strip. the gates to get to it from the parking lot are normally closed (or have been this year) so you access it from the employee entrance. I avoid that end of town due to traffic lol

Yes upper middle Creek is the other side of Dollywood lane

Postby TEDodd » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:34 pm

dstephe9 wrote:It's Dollywood Lane off veterans.. closer to the strip. the gates to get to it from the parking lot are normally closed (or have been this year) so you access it from the employee entrance. I avoid that end of town due to traffic lol

I've seldom seen the gate from the main lots open. But I've driven up to the HR building a few times from the other side.
Neat going under LR.

I'm often coming from the south end of town. And Veterans usually isn't bad going south. Just stay off the parkway. I've learned lots of alternate routes :)

Postby TEDodd » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:44 pm

TBpony414 wrote:TEDodd - Is that via the employee entrance off Upper Middle Creek Rd? Or where?
Yes. That's also the route to the HR building and clinic.

As mentioned, Upper Middle Creek is named DW Lane at Veterans. It changes names around the entrance.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:54 pm

It seems incredible that Lightning Rod is still experiencing such wholesale problems well into its second year of operation, but I suspect much of the delay in fixing it properly is down to arguments between RMC and their suppliers over what the cause is and who should pay for the repairs. Even if you break projects down into their component parts (eg, on Lightning Rod, the launch), there are so many contractors involved in the supply chain who will probably all be blaming each other and doing everything they can to not foot the bill.

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:07 pm

It's actually it's third year and that makes it even worse

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!