Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Ewrawr » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:38 pm

appel wrote:So did you get unlimited rides on Lightningrod with time saver or was is it like one time only, because that is what the website states....?

Timesaver Unlimited gives you unlimited rides on Lightning Rod, regular Timesaver gives you one ride, unless you forego dropline and then you can go a second time.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby appel » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:46 pm

Ewrawr wrote:
appel wrote:So did you get unlimited rides on Lightningrod with time saver or was is it like one time only, because that is what the website states....?

Timesaver Unlimited gives you unlimited rides on Lightning Rod, regular Timesaver gives you one ride, unless you forego dropline and then you can go a second time.

Yeah, sounds logical, but the website tells something different:

""TimeSaver - For rides, enjoy using expedited entrances ten times throughout the day at your choice of TimeSaver attractions. Your combination of ten rides can include ten different TimeSaver attractions, or you can ride your favorite rides* up to ten times. For theaters, enjoy unlimited daily show reservations.
TimeSaver Unlimited – Allows unlimited access to expedited entrances at your choice of participating TimeSaver attractions* and unlimited show reservations at participating theaters.

*Which rides and shows are eligible for TimeSaver?
Rides - Your choice of ten different attractions or ride your favorite rides up to ten times.
Barnstormer
Dizzy Disk
FireChaser Express
Mystery Mine
Sky Rider
Smoky Mountain River Rampage
Tennessee Tornado
Thunderhead
Waltzing Swinger
Wild Eagle
Drop Line (limit one ride per person)
Lightning Rod ® (limit one ride per person)""

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:01 pm

It's not the clearest description.

plain Timesaver is 10 uses total, but only 2 can be used for LR or DL.

Unlimited is unlimited use on all rides with TS queue.

(both included unlimited show access)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby middle_keeny » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:57 am

If my memory serves me right. The regular Timesaver uses a punchcard with ten spaces to punch out. There are squares printed that specifically say LR and DL on them.

The unlimited says unlimited on it.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby clem2754 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:31 am

Does anyone know the reason why Dollywood has the park open one day in August and then closed the next day in August. It seems as if the Park and Water park are never open on the same day. It seems a bit strange.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:35 am

Got to be staffing...

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:54 am

August was very slow for them last year from what I recall.. I had a lot of trips to Dollywood and Splash last Aug and there were days at Splash we parked right beside the gate and the park was nearly empty.. if the season is going well, they sometimes add extra days in August. This happened a few years ago so it's possible one or the other will end up opening those days in Aug

From what I have heard from some of the tourism folks that work for the city, they seem to think that Dollywood is having a disappointing season again this year. Although, it seems busier on days I have visited, maybe it isn't.

The area itself seems to be having a record season according to the same tourism folks. Keep in mind, Dollywood might not report official numbers to the city though

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby neilnky » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:08 pm

I hope Dollywood is having some good seasons. It seems they must to be able to do their largest expansion ever next year. I was thinking they paid as they went and didn't take out loans so if they have a bad season or two I bet that could delay things.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby komasixx » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:51 pm

clem2754 wrote:Does anyone know the reason why Dollywood has the park open one day in August and then closed the next day in August. It seems as if the Park and Water park are never open on the same day. It seems a bit strange.

Happens every year. Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country in August alternate on and off besides the weekends.

That being said Dollywood is open way more than most theme/amusement parks that time of yea

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Txcstrfan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Visited on Thurs. Only one train running on LR. Waits were 45 to 60mins. On Sat they had 2 trains running after noon. Posted wait time said 10mins but was more like 30. Went down for maintenance around 2pm for about 30mins.
Firechaser on Thurs was 30min wait and was a great ride. Whole family loved the theme. It did close for about 25 mins when we were in the start house due to the fireworks trucks driving the night's supplies up the road.

Wild Eagle was never more than a 10 minute wait. Often it was only that long due to slow load cycles.

My kids loved Thunderhead. I rode it once and passed. It qas rough for me.

Splash country was more fun that we,thought it would be. We have Schlittterbahn so are spoiled

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!