Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: Shavethewhales and 32 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby mckayj93 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 pm

I got my current pair of glasses last October. I never thought about the glasses on rides because they were so tight on my face, my new ones are much bigger. Bought a strap and glad I did, I could tell it was needed, especially Lightning Rod. I'm fine with parks asking and checking, just hope I can keep them on. My eyes are too bad for contacts, I wouldn't be able to see anything riding without my glasses.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/df16b4157457c4e34f35035a174d6293.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:45 pm

Just so you're aware, they don't allow glasses even with a strap on Drop Line. Everything else the strap was cool.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ewrawr » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:21 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Just so you're aware, they don't allow glasses even with a strap on Drop Line. Everything else the strap was cool.

When did they implement this rule? We have visited several times last year and twice already this year, and never have been asked to remove our glasses.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:49 pm

They did when I visted last May.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Glad to hear they are running two trains more consistently on LR now! Hopefully it will keep the lines down

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:45 am

http://m.tmz.com/?viewer_country=US#!article/2018/06/22/dollywood-sued-family-serious-spine-injury-water-ride/

Take it as you will because originally posted by TMZ but it's showing up other places now.

I know this same complaint and even a death from a similar ride has popped up originally so I wonder how much those complaints have fed into this one from Dollywood

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:33 am

Spinal injury on River Rush?

Seams fishy.

What's a custom title?

Postby SixFlagsTexas » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Last week, I had my very first visit to Dollywood from the 21-22nd. Luckily, the weather was perfect on Wednesday, but Thursday was rainy and humid. The rain kept the crowds away, and I was able to get a few rides in with no wait.

I’d like to take a moment to advocate the TimeSaver. This was the very first time I had purchased a ‘virtual queue’ system at a park, and it was worth it. The TimeSaver Unlimited let me work at my own pace throughout the park as I never had to stress out about wait times. Without it, I wouldn’t have been able to be on the 2nd and 5th train of the day on Lightning Rod. Totally worth it, and it was extremely beneficial on my first day at the park.

Some quick thoughts:

Lightning Rod
This is my third RMC after New Texas Giant and Outlaw Run, and it has the same intensity that Outlaw Run has. The ride never lets up, and it has the best second half of any coaster I have ever ridden. However, it does have a noticeable rattle/shake at the bottom of the first hill. Has anyone else experienced this? Nevertheless, the ride is full of energy, has major airtime, and it’s a terrain coaster. What more could you want?
I’d also like to note that it was running two trains a few hours after park opening.
10/10

Mystery Mine
My second Euro-Fighter. This ride has my favorite theming in the park, and the custom music for Mystery Mine is a nice touch. The first half of the ride was rougher than expected, but I still enjoyed the back half and the dark ride elements.
8/10

Wild Eagle
This is my very first wing coaster, and I honestly didn’t know what to expect from the ride. Based on past reports, it seems that wing coasters are very tame and force-less. However, I actually enjoyed Wild Eagle, and it didn’t seem force-less to me. The restraints never gave me any problems either. I preferred the right side.
7/10

FireChaser Express
Loved the setting, and unique backwards launch. I never experienced any airtime throughout the ride, but the theming, backwards launch, and length made up for it. This is the perfect family coaster.
7/10

Tennessee Tornado
This is one of the smoothest Arrow coasters I have ridden. It packs quite a punch without leaving me aching. I only rode it once in the front, so I can’t say what the ride experience is like elsewhere.
7/10

Thunderhead
This ride was quite rough, but it was full of energy and had quite a few pops of airtime. I’m still kicking myself for not riding Thunderhead on the second day when it was raining. I’m curious as to how it rides on a wet track.
6/10
482A5631.jpg
After going to Silver Dollar City, I was aching to see how Dollywood compares!
482A5660.jpg
Lightning Rod delivers.
482A5459.jpg
A tad outdated, but still has charm.
482A5530.jpg
Loved the fire station theming!
482A5569.jpg
There's some heavy construction going on in the area, but I couldn't get enough of the theming/music.
482A5580.jpg
Decent drop ride with a good view.
482A5649.jpg
Loved the back half of Lightning Rod.
482A5696.jpg
No trip is complete without a visit here. Don't forget to order the frosting!
482A5746.jpg
One of the various entertainers throughout Dollywood.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:43 pm

^ Great Quick Trip TR of your visit there! You hit everything right, as far as I could see and read.

Thanks for sharing your visit.....and sharing The Bread (not). :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby appel » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:00 pm

SixFlagsTexas wrote:Last week, I had my very first visit to Dollywood from the 21-22nd. Luckily, the weather was perfect on Wednesday, but Thursday was rainy and humid. The rain kept the crowds away, and I was able to get a few rides in with no wait.

I’d like to take a moment to advocate the TimeSaver. This was the very first time I had purchased a ‘virtual queue’ system at a park, and it was worth it. The TimeSaver Unlimited let me work at my own pace throughout the park as I never had to stress out about wait times. Without it, I wouldn’t have been able to be on the 2nd and 5th train of the day on Lightning Rod. Totally worth it, and it was extremely beneficial on my first day at the park.

Some quick thoughts:

Lightning Rod
This is my third RMC after New Texas Giant and Outlaw Run, and it has the same intensity that Outlaw Run has. The ride never lets up, and it has the best second half of any coaster I have ever ridden. However, it does have a noticeable rattle/shake at the bottom of the first hill. Has anyone else experienced this? Nevertheless, the ride is full of energy, has major airtime, and it’s a terrain coaster. What more could you want?
I’d also like to note that it was running two trains a few hours after park opening.
10/10

Mystery Mine
My second Euro-Fighter. This ride has my favorite theming in the park, and the custom music for Mystery Mine is a nice touch. The first half of the ride was rougher than expected, but I still enjoyed the back half and the dark ride elements.
8/10

Wild Eagle
This is my very first wing coaster, and I honestly didn’t know what to expect from the ride. Based on past reports, it seems that wing coasters are very tame and force-less. However, I actually enjoyed Wild Eagle, and it didn’t seem force-less to me. The restraints never gave me any problems either. I preferred the right side.
7/10

FireChaser Express
Loved the setting, and unique backwards launch. I never experienced any airtime throughout the ride, but the theming, backwards launch, and length made up for it. This is the perfect family coaster.
7/10

Tennessee Tornado
This is one of the smoothest Arrow coasters I have ridden. It packs quite a punch without leaving me aching. I only rode it once in the front, so I can’t say what the ride experience is like elsewhere.
7/10

Thunderhead
This ride was quite rough, but it was full of energy and had quite a few pops of airtime. I’m still kicking myself for not riding Thunderhead on the second day when it was raining. I’m curious as to how it rides on a wet track.
6/10

So did you get unlimited rides on Lightningrod with time saver or was is it like one time only, because that is what the website states....?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!