Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: DWsuperfan and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu May 24, 2018 6:13 pm

I know a lot of enthusiasts don't care about River Battle, but we loved it. We ride River Blast at SDC almost every visit in the summer too. It's a really great ride for kids, thrilling but slow with no drops. Everyone can enjoy it together. In the modern world where most new rides have very high height requirements, having a ride with no minimum when a parent rides is awesome.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby komasixx » Thu May 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Well... Of course I don’t know what is specifically is coming, and if I did I wouldn’t say anything, but I was under the impression RB was sold. But I think rebuilding RB would be a very welcomed change.
Last edited by komasixx on Thu May 24, 2018 8:46 pm.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:42 pm

It was in the splash parking lot until about a week before they opened so yeah I'd assume it was just moved because they opened..

There is a very similar looking ride on the prints so who knows

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri May 25, 2018 1:18 am

I enjoyed River Battle the one time I rode it, but it wasn't something I felt compelled to do again. It seemed to be a major hit with younger kids who had zero qualms getting soaked.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby middle_keeny » Fri May 25, 2018 6:05 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:If you believe the latest Screamscape update, a shortened version of River Battle may return in the new expansion.

Again I take everything there with a grain of salt, but it does make some sense to reuse the ride hardware if they already have it.

About a month ago on page 1640 I brought up that it makes perfect sense that River Battle could be reused and showed on the map where it could be. This was long before Screamscape posted about it and few people laughed at me.

Personally I didn't care for the ride. It was fun on busy days (when the ride was full) there was a lot of interaction with the guests. On slow days, I would not ride it and shoot at my kids on the ride from the sides just so they had someone to shoot at. One time my wife inadvertently wore a white shirt and white bra. I think every guy in the park was aiming at her...lol

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:18 pm

As far as River Battle coming back I feel it will. Especially if it was spotted a week before Splash opened. The kids loved it, me personally I don’t like getting THAT wet. Slidewinder is my limit really. RB for me was too much lol but it was fun to watch the kids have fun. I think if it’s briugh back it’ll be rethemed to a less...”whimsical cartoon”. Maybe go more realistic. I seen somewhere this area may be Geyser Gulch? Isn’t that an area River Rampage is themed around?
Onto Lightning Rod, so I just checked the Dollywood snap story, and apparently LR has no new additions to it. (No new hoods, lights, etc.) So what were those hoods in the grass for?
25565CB2-1EED-4383-8190-56ACF680F3B5.png

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby sdcfan88 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:58 pm

Dollywoodlover20 wrote: I seen somewhere this area may be Geyser Gulch? Isn’t that an area River Rampage is themed around?

I highly doubt that. That was a kids playground area at Silver Dollar City (Branson) for over 15 years. It is unlikely HFEC would reuse the name/theme even if it were at a sister park.

Postby dstephe9 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Dollywoodlover20 wrote:As far as River Battle coming back I feel it will. Especially if it was spotted a week before Splash opened. The kids loved it, me personally I don’t like getting THAT wet. Slidewinder is my limit really. RB for me was too much lol but it was fun to watch the kids have fun. I think if it’s briugh back it’ll be rethemed to a less...”whimsical cartoon”. Maybe go more realistic. I seen somewhere this area may be Geyser Gulch? Isn’t that an area River Rampage is themed around?
Onto Lightning Rod, so I just checked the Dollywood snap story, and apparently LR has no new additions to it. (No new hoods, lights, etc.) So what were those hoods in the grass for?
Yup, it was there a week or so before splash opened.. at least part of it. You could see some of the "logs" while driving into Dollywood early this month.

I'm also curious if it will come back under a new theme? Especially if the area has a drastically different theme than others in the park..

As for LR, my theory is they planned to change the hoods and stuff out but then had a series of downtime and issues that got in the way of the change

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Postby Shavethewhales » Sat May 26, 2018 9:57 am

sdcfan88 wrote:
Dollywoodlover20 wrote: I seen somewhere this area may be Geyser Gulch? Isn’t that an area River Rampage is themed around?

I highly doubt that. That was a kids playground area at Silver Dollar City (Branson) for over 15 years. It is unlikely HFEC would reuse the name/theme even if it were at a sister park.

Why wouldn't they reuse a name? It's a decent, unique name and they already have the trademarks. They re-use everything else between the parks anyway, more-so now than ever. I could see them not thinking that it fits the park well enough though. Not a lot of geysers in the smokies that I know of. The "geyser" at SDC was a wacky imaginative thing that tied into the zany kids area. Other than Mystery Mine, they don't seem quite as creative at DW. I could see them calling it something like "Cascade Canyon".

I still think Screamscape just regurgitates a lot of what they read on message boards. Who knows if there's any veracity to those rumors, or if that's just the communities best guess at the moment. It sounds good though.

The problem with the original river battle was never the ride style itself, it was just that they cheaped out so much on it. Some non-plastic theming would have gone a long way. It was already pretty short though... not sure it would be worth waiting in line for if it ends up even shorter.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:18 pm

This video was posted today showing a construction update. I’ve seen some footers being placed for the coaster already. Something I’ve been really focusing on though is the back area near the train loop. Some dozer work has been going on there. If they weren’t going to develop that, wouldn’t they just leave it well undeveloped? In the video it is being leveled and has like an orange liner around an area. Could Dollywood develop the whole plot in one?
A45908AD-3ACC-4456-8E04-DA0DB9ED3B0F.jpeg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!