Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 24 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Sun May 20, 2018 8:03 am

molemaster43 wrote:Well some good news, Lightning Rod is now posted as a 30 minute wait on the app. Hopefully I'll get a ride or two over the next couple days!

:nina:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:56 pm

Anybody heard anything about if the hoods were on? Any updates on the trains? I know it was running all day today.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:31 pm

At splash country today! Good day, the parks nice and clean.. a lot of repainting was done during the off season.. they are closed for lighting now but their sense of humor is great.. all songs are about storms and rain!! Lol

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby neilnky » Wed May 23, 2018 1:53 pm

dstephe9 wrote:At splash country today! Good day, the parks nice and clean.. a lot of repainting was done during the off season.. they are closed for lighting now but their sense of humor is great.. all songs are about storms and rain!! Lol

Great I was hoping Splash Country got off to a good start. It would be cool if they could make a long ride in the mountainside similar toTeamboat Springs and maybe call it Grizzly Gulley or something like that. A super long raft ride built in the mountains would be cool if you ask me. I loved Splash Country the times I have been able to go.I can't wait to see how it continues to grow.

Postby dstephe9 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Splash country is hit and miss.. it can be busy and if it's busy I don't find it much fun but my wife and I always enjoy relaxing in the lazy river even it it is busy or beside the wave pool.. all slides were walkon yesterday though which was awesome! Schools aren't out yet here so it was mostly small kids and older families

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 23, 2018 5:37 pm

^ I enjoyed Splash Country because of how well shaded the park was. They have the headliner in RiverRush that I wanted to reride plus a nice mix of body and tube slides.

The only three rides with a noticeable waits during my visits last year were RiverRush, Big Bear Plunge, and the bowl slide and those capped at about a half hour.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Postby dstephe9 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Yeah for a water park it's very shaded.. also has a lot of free cover for those who want to lay beside the pool.. I have been to water parks that only have paid cover.. yeah splash country does have paid cover but the free is nice! Plenty of trees, and so on..

Pro Tip: if you plan to visit Dollywood and Splash Country remember the splash country bottles work for 99 cent refills at Dollywood!! But the plus side is the $15.99 splash bottle is free unlimited refills at splash country on day of visit and the $30 bottle is free unlimited at splash for the entire season.. both offer 99 cent refills at Dollywood.. just saying as those bottles are a slightly better deal for some if you plan to visit both parks! Might wanna swing by Splash Country first and get your bottle there..

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby komasixx » Wed May 23, 2018 10:54 pm

Okay.. so after almost 4 months of Dollywood being open this year, I just realized the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo by the Plaza at Wilderness Pass, which I affectionately call PAWP still have River Battle printed on it.

I noticed it after hearing a kid say “mommy where did river battle go” she said “I don’t know the sign is still here maybe they’ll open it back up later in summer”

:lmao:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 24, 2018 9:16 am

If you believe the latest Screamscape update, a shortened version of River Battle may return in the new expansion.

Again I take everything there with a grain of salt, but it does make some sense to reuse the ride hardware if they already have it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby neilnky » Thu May 24, 2018 1:04 pm

I agree! They should use the River Battle ride or part of it if they still have it. I enjoyed that Sceamscape update and look so forward to the official announcement.

On another note regarding being able to handle larger crowds: I was watching a youtube update on Dollywood's 2018 updates and one of them was that they widened the pathway in Craftsman's Valley. That is great. I have read how crowded Timber Canyon was during the new Luminights event and was thinking some walkway connecting Timber Canyon to Craftsman's Valley would be so nice. Even if it was a tunnel walkway thru the mountain. I printed a park map but can't tell where this could be feasible. It may not be. If there was a connection between the Daredevil Falls area coming out around Mystery Mine with maybe a see thru ceiling area as Wild Eagle soars over you that would be cool. I wish i could remember the layout of these areas from my prior visits but it has been too long. Anyway I was just thinking out loud again.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!