Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A not-so-awesome title

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby molemaster43 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:15 pm

dstephe9 wrote:It's had a little down time this week but the park starts week long operations next week so it's very possible they have been trying to get the ride 100% ready for summer.

It was closed most of the day yesterday and has been closed for the day today.. it's listed as closed for the day so it shouldn't open.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

One can hope. It's the best ride I've ever experienced and I'd hate to miss out on it again. Thanks.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:07 pm

It’s down because of the train change/modification. When they got the new hoods is exactly when it went down from TC to CD. Hopefully it’s back up by next weekend.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:17 pm

Dollywoodlover20 wrote:It’s down because of the train change/modification. When they got the new hoods is exactly when it went down from TC to CD. Hopefully it’s back up by next weekend.
We assume that's why it's down but not a guarantee. The new hoods also showed up a day after they were closed. I wouldn't imagine it takes days to change a hood only but it is very possible other modifications are being made to the trains that don't involve themeing and that's causing the extended downtime. Hood only change could probably be done on Tuesday while they were closed, assuming the hoods were on property at the time.

I mean, it's not been smooth sailing for LR this year.. yeah it has been running decent but during the heart of Spring Break it was down for quite a bit

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Fri May 18, 2018 9:33 pm

I'm visiting DW next month for the first time since 2002. I hope so badly that LR is being reliable when I visit.

But I'll still be happy with the four other credits I've yet to receive. And just being at DW in general!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby appel » Fri May 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Dollywoodlover20 wrote:It’s down because of the train change/modification. When they got the new hoods is exactly when it went down from TC to CD. Hopefully it’s back up by next weekend.

Actually, according to http://dw.jonstoddart.com/ride.php?ride=Lightning%20Rod&day=2018-04-15, the ride ran for one hour each day (except) yesterday and then went down for the rest of the day. Not looking good.....

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby komasixx » Sat May 19, 2018 2:18 am

appel wrote:

Actually, according to http://dw.jonstoddart.com/ride.php?ride=Lightning%20Rod&day=2018-04-15, the ride ran for one hour each day (except) yesterday and then went down for the rest of the day. Not looking good.....

That was last month.

Also have you seen the weather we are having right now?

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby appel » Sat May 19, 2018 3:35 am

komasixx wrote:
appel wrote:

That was last month.

You just have to adjust the date on that site and you will see what I meant .

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:14 am

komasixx wrote:
appel wrote:

That was last month.

Nothing wrong with the weather at all.. I have been in the Dollywood area three days this week..spotty storms yes but they come and go very quickly and the Dollywood area has only had one while I have been up there

ImageImageImage

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:09 pm

I really, really hope it’s not back to this consistent TC/CD stuff again where it’s like we are back in 2016 again. Memorial Day weekend is next week, I’ve never been during then so I can’t say how busy the park will be but I would expect busy. Plus it kicks off BBQ and Blugrass. You’ll have older crowds going to the concerts and younger wanting to hit LR.

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:00 am

Well some good news, Lightning Rod is now posted as a 30 minute wait on the app. Hopefully I'll get a ride or two over the next couple days!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!