Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby wildthundernado » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:47 am

Just putting my 2 cents in since Dollywood is my home park, but I've always heard the snakes were rattlesnakes. However I don't really believe that story and agree that it was just too much on maintenance

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:51 pm

I can 100% confirm Dollywood has an infestation of black rat snakes.

May 2017 "From Dollywood to Holiwood" trip

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:44 pm

Pretty much everyone here has an infestation of black rat snakes if they know where to look lol

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Djwadeknox wrote:With all of the excitement of the bright future of the park. I wanted to look back and share some pictures of the past! We’ve come along way! Would love for others to share some old photos!

WOW thanks for this awesome throw back! I grew up going to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for family vacations and remember visiting DW early on when it was still Goldrush Junction. My dad put me on my first flume ride there. I remember also the park had a Mad Mouse coaster unlisted on RCDB. Plenty of park nostalgia over here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46005 .

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pryonisys » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:45 pm

dstephe9 wrote:Pretty much everyone here has an infestation of black rat snakes if they know where to look lol

Fact.
Those things are EVERYWHERE, but hey they help keep the rodent population down

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby rebelrailroad » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:08 am

Postby dstephe9 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:34 am

I'd expect the next day after three promotion will still be offered on/off throughout the year as a temporary promo... I have seen this coming for a while and here's why. Over half the season, it couldn't be used anymore!! Most of the summer they are open until 10 and didn't really honor the next day after 3 promo (that's over 7 hours free!). Also, the next day after 3 didn't work during the holidays. Park opened at 2 most of those days. So to stop confusion, maybe Dollywood is just "ending" it and only going to offer it during portions of the year when it's actually usable.

Just a thought

Not to mention the 2 day 1 park ticket for $89 isn't bad especially during the summer and holidays when next day after 3 didn't work. (Although a season pass is a much better deal)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:42 am

:( I used that special as recently as December, it really helped me get some extra Lightning Rod and other coaster rides on night one as the park hours were so short. No way we could have seen everything we did when the park is only open 7 hours and you're also trying to do shows.

Hopefully with that offer being taken away they can at least do like, Noon to 9. or 12:30. We would have liked to do a sit down restaurant at DW but lack of time again since we didn't want to devote 2 full days.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:44 am

See and you got lucky they honored it.. I had friends try to use it and they simply replied "we opened at 2, if we did the promotion 90% of the guest would qualify"

I guess it really depends on the day

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:50 am

The rule as I read it online was you could enter at 6, the Front gate persons let us in about 10 minutes early for that as well. We def. didn't have any issues.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!