If you owned your own theme park

What would it be like? Be realistic
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: If you owned your own theme park

Postby Jelenp » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am

If I could make a small park I would...

Roller Coasters:
Chance Hyper GT-X
Twister GCI (like Thunderhead or Gold Striker)
Vekoma Spacewarp or one of their new launch looping models.
and a Zierer ESC for the kids!

Other Thrill Attractions:
Larson Drop Tower
S&S Swings
and a Maxi Dance 360 Frisbee Ride (SpinCycle @SilverWood)

Family Attractions:
Haunted House
Double Decker Carousel
Scrambler
Some Swings
Knoebel's Flyers
and some other stuff.

Well it's not that small but smaller than other's ideas in this thread.
Top 5: 1. Storm Chaser 2. Steel Vengeance 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. Lightning Run
Coaster Count: 103
I <3 Dollywood

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:17 pm

I'be given it a lot of thought, if I could obtain rights, I would include a National Lampoon Vacation Land. Two coasters, one a Mack spinner themed to Clark's sledding in Christmas Vacation and a Hyper themed to the original's road trip, an interactive dark ride in a Griswold replica house that would be LIT up at Christmas and a Walleyworld flat ride section with a junior or kiddie dueling coaster

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:04 am

I used to think I wanted to build a FEC in the vein of an old trolley park, but I've since changed my mind. Instead I want an FEC that isn't just about mindless amusement, but also incorporates learning experiences and hands-on adventure experiences. I was thinking about something promotes that eco-friendliness, respect for the planet and teaches and helps to preserve the indigenous cultures.

My park would have two phases.

The first phase would be entirely indoors. The structure would be built to resemble an old temple and/or palace. It would have a hotel, a family oriented indoor waterpark with lots of climbing stuff, a restaurant, a small aquarium and nature center, plus attractions such as ropes courses, obstacle courses, play structures and a bounce house playground, all built to resemble jungley stuff. Of course, I also want a mini-golf, because I love indoor mini-golf and a jungle theme could really be cool in an indoor setting. There would also be be a few rides, but I would want as many as possible to be self-powered, like Huff and Puff at Knott's. Think pedal boats, hand cranks, etc.

Phase two would be outdoors and be more ambitious. It would have a large lagoon with a island in the center. Picture Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island at Disneyland. There would be a jungle cruise ride complete with animatronics, a jungle safari jeep ride also with animatronics, an adventure island with more climbey stuff, a Swiss Family Robinson/Tarzan style tree house, rope bridges, caves, creeks, etc. There would be more kids and family rides. Think a jungle version of Camp Snoopy. And there would be another water park, but this one would be aimed more at adults and have more thrill rides. It would be a single tower built into a fake volcano with any number of slides that could be replaced or expanded as needs arose. And of course, the volcano could be expanded on. (BTW I had this idea before I ever heard about Volcano Bay).

At some point in the future I might include a third phase that has more thrill rides, but of course these would be built in such a way as to be hidden in the surrounding terrain (like at Alton Towers) and have massive Disney style theming. Roller coasters built into fake mountains rather than just sitting there looking like giant steel beasts. But again, these would all focusing on protecting the forests and cultures and the planet in general.

That's what I would do if I had my own park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:29 am

My 2019 Six Flags Wishes

SFOT- Chance Freestyle, Larson Flying Scooters, Skyline Skywarp
SFOG- Zamperla Giant Discovery
SFStL- Revamp of Ninja with Soft Straps, Paint + Waterslide?
SFGAdv- Zamperla Giant Discovery + Proslide Rocket to Hurricane Harbor
SFMM- Zamperla Endeavor + Proslide Rocket to Hurricane Harbor
SFGAm- Funtime Star Flyer
SFAm- Revamp of Whistlestop Park into DC Superfriends Land with 3 New Rides
Great Escape- S&S Steeplechase Coaster
SFFT- ? Rotating Theater/ Simulator
SFDK- Justice League
SFNE- Justice League
SFMex- Revamp of Bugs Bunny Circus into Bugs Bunny Boomtown with 6 new rides
La Ronde- RMC Monstre
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby hendrixmarshalljames » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:26 am

Mine would be similar to the Hard Rock idea, but the only thing I'd really want is a Winged Coaster that uses the ground and landscape.

Kinda like Maverick and Cheetah Run does, but longer and more detail.

It would also have to have the most incredible dark ride ever conceived, as well as a Flume that people would want to travel all over the world for.

Other than that, old-school B&M invert - A la "Alpengeist" or Raptor, 2 woodies similar to American Racer and El Toro - winding in and around each other-impeccably timed and close to water.

Give 50 million to RMC and tell em to go crazy.

Can't decide on which signature Giga style I would want. I hear good things about Fury, but I305 just plain scares me every time I get on it.

Obtain copies of all the flats from Kennywood and Knoebels.

Somehow recreate the walk from King's Island "raft" line wherever possible.

Go to each major city and find the best food vendors possible, ask em if they want to open a location in the park. Come up with some kind of profit share so that a coke and a Chicago dog isn't 18 dollars.

Somehow make a truly great suspended coaster that's not for kids. And speaking of kids, other than the usual Tilt-a-whirl and stuff like that...How hard would it be to make a miniature version of the big signature coasters? Same thing but smaller...Obviously some elements would have to go because gravity wouldn't co operate, but you get the general idea.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:01 pm

I think my park would be pretty simple...

It would be a park with Cedar Point's attraction line up... paired with Silver Dollar City's theming! :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

Postby thrillrider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Accidental post....
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby AndrewA86 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:09 am

My park would be the Detroit version of Kennywood. I’m so jealous when I go there because Detroit had a few parks back in the day that could have been on par with Kennywood today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:27 pm

I now realize this is the thread I should have posted the below, in. Nonetheless....

Nrthwnd wrote:How about "your next park" being Your Own Park, with rides being sold off, now?!!

"Entire Colorado theme park up for auction"

:shockr:
Here's a link to one of the reports on it. And Buy Now! :airtime: :airtimer:
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/heritage-square-amusement-park-auction-colorado/index.html

And some of the rides still may be available, who knows? ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby willh51 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Since I started playing RCT again after a decade thanks to the iPad, I would probably mirror my creations there:

Coasters:
1. Classic B&M inverted coaster with terrain-diving elements, think Raptor/Alpengeist/Montu. I'd want a large cobra roll that straddles a path and seating area.
2. Intamin Hypercoaster with the best features of Millennium Force, Expedition GF, Hyperion, etc.
3. Intamin Blitz coaster with ejector air time, multiple launches and several inversions. Soft restraints and a dual loading station.
4. New school Vekoma sit-down launched coaster with inversions, air time etc.
5. CGI wooden coaster with sprawling layout and terrain interaction.
6. Well maintained giant classic Arrow looping coaster like Viper with updates like new trains with soft restraints, magnetic brakes, etc.

Flat rides:
1. Huss giant top spin
2. Chance Chaos
3. Intamin sky jump drop tower
4. Ferris wheel with rolling cars like the one at Disney's California Adventure
5. Giant Frisbee
6. Skyflyer
7. Huss booster
8. Elaborate dark ride chronicling a mythical beast with coaster elements, 3D, effects, shooting, etc.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Bizarro at SFNE 4. Millennium Force 5. Raptor
6. Batman & Robin: The Chiller (defunct) 7. Nitro 8. Apollo's Chariot 9. Afterburn (Carowinds) 10. Lightning Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!