If you owned your own theme park

What would it be like? Be realistic
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

If you owned your own theme park

Postby martinb » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:07 pm

Don't go for the obvious, Millenium Force, Duelling Dragons etc, be realistic!

I drive lots and everytime I see an empty field I always imagine what I could build on it, I would love to own a little park

Be serious, you own a litle park, what would it be like, at the moment its just land but you have to add all the rides etc.

My big coasters woud have to be a Boomerang & an SLC Standard, mainly because they are very cheap, large thrilling rides(you have to remember you own a little park, which mainly are aimed at family days out, so an SLC & Boomerang are big rides for a family park). Other rides would be an S&S Space Shot, a standard compact Log Flume, Fabbri Booster, Go-Karts, Dodgems, Pirate Ship!

My park isn't yet open, there are plenty more rides to be bought, mainly kiddie's! But plans are starting to take place for a Brand New coaster in the 2008 season, more news on this when I make it up!

The park is called "Spring Island Adventure Park" and is due to open in time for the summer of 2006! Can't wait!

How about yours?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:11 pm

My park would cost 1 billion dollars to make. And it would be located in florida and take many years for me to get my money back, but it'd be so freaking worth it. It'd have an Intamin Hyper, dueling Vekoma Motorbikes, Intamin Aqua Trax, B&M Floorless, B&M invert, and maybe a B&M flyer. And a gerstlaur spinny ride.(I think the set up is more interactive with your party then the Mohne Soyer or w/e is) And if I can't think of what I should build next, then an Intamin Rocket Looper or something.

The 1 billion dollars would come from building like 3 - 5 major coasters all at once and then all the other attractions, and all the heavy theming. With land, it'd probably be 2 billion, or more. :omg:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:38 pm

I'd get a Schwarkopz looper (since I could probably get one dirt cheap), a B&M Invert, a family coaster, a log flume and some flats: whip, swings, pirate ship.

Elissa + Hangman Fanboy

Re: If you owned your own Theme Park.............

Postby FlippyTrick09 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:50 pm

[quote="martinb"]
My big coasters woud have to be a Boomerang & an SLC Standard, mainly because they are very cheap, large thrilling rides(you have to remember you own a little park, which mainly are aimed at family days out, so an SLC & Boomerang are big rides for a family park). Other rides would be an S&S Space Shot, a standard compact Log Flume, Fabbri Booster, Go-Karts, Dodgems, Pirate Ship!quote]

That sounds like Wild Adventures! :lmao:

My park would be heavily themed with many trees and flowers. I would have a wooden twister from from GCI, an Itamin Aqua Trax, and a B&M sit down looper. I would also have many thrill and kidie rides with a few more smaller coasters. My park would coast $2 billion to make, because it is super big and majorly themed. Yeah.....

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Canadmos » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:59 pm

Mine would have trees and no massive pads of concrete.

All I want is a chainlift!

Postby pkdcoaster » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:50 pm

To me Holiday World is a perfect example of what I would want to have....... a nice park that majority of people do not complain about (everybody is happy and having a good time)..friendly staff and great rides and slides. the only thing they do not have is a big steel coaster but...from a money standpoint...would you rather have an SLC or Voyage? ;)

JEFF
Actual Coaster Count: 402

Fav. Park: Cedar Point
Fav. Steel: Intimidator 305/ Fury 325
Fav. Wood: El Toro/Voyage

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Reon » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:11 pm

Realisticly speaking, mine would be around myhouse. In the side yard by the patio, I could probabbly fit a chaos and another flat ride...In the backyard strip would go Project wildcat, but I think you know about that already. Inside would be an Arcade (I already have the arcade ddr pads etc), and maybe bumper cars in the storaage room (like we really ever use it...) Ofcoures I'd want to buy out some of the surrounding houses for other coasters, but lets not get in over our heads...
Proud Coney Island Ride-op for 6 years!
Kings Island MSD/Racer crew of 2011
Kings Island Vortex/Windseeker crew of 2012-2013
Best Coaster Ever: :airtimer: Phoenix :airtimer: Top Steel: Intimidator 305 (Maverick in CLOSE 2nd)

I_Am_Banned_0

Postby I_am_Em0_0 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:15 pm

My park would have a GCI twister, S&S Double Shot, Vekoma Boomerang, Vekoma Rollerskater, Chance Chaos, A compact 130ft tall intamin looper, Chance Turbo, Ferris Wheel, Scary dark ride, Huss Inverted topspin, Giant Frisbee, S&S Screamin Squirrel And a lot of shade and rest areas and some more flats

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Postby SLUSHIE » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:18 pm

Realisticly speaking, I can't afford one.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby dougr » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:01 am

I'd start with a Pinfari 42, maybe a Hurricane, a KMG Fireball or Huss Frisbee, a classic (restored) carousel, maybe a twin flip and a looping starship plus a log flume and a few kiddie rides. Then when I could afford it, a launching coaster.
looping-thunder1.jpg
I LOVE this little looper!

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!