SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P. 133: Aquatica San Diego to become Sesame Place San Diego!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:42 pm

I'll be heading out to Long Beach, CA next week, and there's a chance I might take a trip down to Seaworld San Diego on Nov. 12th. Driving distance is perfect considering it's a straight shot down I-5 South. I know it's a Saturday, but since Halloween is over, and the Christmas events doesn't start till later, could it possibly be slow? And this park isn't as big so I'm sure I could get everything done in no time. Also, it'll be my first visit.
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Sea world is very spread out. Never really seen long lines for the rides. Shows are always packed though!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:04 am

Jew wrote:Sea world is very spread out. Never really seen long lines for the rides. Shows are always packed though!

Thanks! Hopefully, I'll be able to get down there and enjoy this lovely park.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:35 pm

I live within a mile of the park and received this notice in the mail today. I thought you all would find this very interesting. Phrases of note if you're not reading the whole thing: "SeaWorld 2018 attraction", "new roller coaster ride", "aquarium building", "remove existing shade structure"

Joel Manby apparently said that 2017 is for children, but 2018 will be for "for teenagers with more of a thrill factor"

I plan on attending the hearing to find more information, whenever that may be!! :b
IMG_8346.JPG
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Shut It Down » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Sounds interesting, I wonder if they're going to try and get the 30 foot height restriction removed for this project. I'm really hoping they do, although getting anything approved in San Diego is like pulling teeth!!! I really am intrigued to see what this ends up being!!!!

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 pm

Shut It Down wrote:Sounds interesting, I wonder if they're going to try and get the 30 foot height restriction removed for this project. I'm really hoping they do, although getting anything approved in San Diego is like pulling teeth!!! I really am intrigued to see what this ends up being!!!!

There actually isn't a height restriction (look at JTA, Sky Tower). Manta was built under 30 ft in order to not have to go to the coastal commission. Hopefully this application means that they are planning on going over 30ft. We will see!
Chasing Airtime

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby colinx » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:19 am

On some video on Youtube of all of the SeaWorld ride people, they were teasing at a very big attraction for 2018 in San Diego so this wouldn't surprise me. The audience was also primarily consistent of coaster enthusiasts so it would make sense that they said they would excited. What interests me the most is the "aquarium building." It's good to see that SeaWorld is still somewhat focused on animals in light of the news we've received this year.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby johnnyknottsville » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:31 am

I no longer stand with SeaWorld with all of the bending over backwards to appease crazed idiots like PETA and giving up on Orcas, and massive layoffs etc etc They'd have to build something like Mako West before I'd ever go back to SWSD . I also wish it was easy for them to just pack up and move to a different location away from the idiots of San diego what ever SW is proposing to build watch the idiots of SD protest it and vote to block it from happening :cry:
I'm back
OoooWe I didn't come here to play with you woes... hahaha. I came here to Slay Biotch!!!...Um hmm I like cornbread and collard greens biotch...yous better believe it!!!

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:07 am

colinx wrote:On some video on Youtube of all of the SeaWorld ride people, they were teasing at a very big attraction for 2018 in San Diego so this wouldn't surprise me. The audience was also primarily consistent of coaster enthusiasts so it would make sense that they said they would excited. What interests me the most is the "aquarium building." It's good to see that SeaWorld is still somewhat focused on animals in light of the news we've received this year.

Can you link to that video?

johnnyknottsville wrote:I no longer stand with SeaWorld with all of the bending over backwards to appease crazed idiots like PETA and giving up on Orcas, and massive layoffs etc etc They'd have to build something like Mako West before I'd ever go back to SWSD . I also wish it was easy for them to just pack up and move to a different location away from the idiots of San diego what ever SW is proposing to build watch the idiots of SD protest it and vote to block it from happening :cry:

320 jobs across 11 parks really isn't that many...
Chasing Airtime

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:40 am

LOL! I missed my chance last month when I was in Cali, and decided to go in 2017, but hearing this just threw me for a loop! I'll trying holding off another year. I wonder what it might be. A small dive coaster would be a great idea.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!