SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P. 126: Mako, floorless dive coaster announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby Shut It Down » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 pm

Huge surprise!!! This is great news!! Another news channel in San Diego, KUSI, is reporting it will have an Immelmann loop, barrel roll, hammerhead turn, and a flat spin. Sounds like an impressive little layout. Also of note is the 2,500 feet of track that seems to be the longest of the smaller dive coasters!

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:57 am

I personally love B&M Dive coasters. This was kinda out of left field since it wasn't included in any prior released document. Nevertheless I'm super stoked for this ride and it has moved SWSD up from a "I'll go one day" park to probably something I'll plan for in 2020-21. Definitely will try to include this park on my next SoCal trip!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:19 am

Sounds like a solid addition! They definitely could use another coaster in their lineup.

From people who have been on the B&M dive coasters over 200 ft and some of the shorter, ~150 ft coasters, how do the shorter ones compare? I've only been on SheiKra, Griffon, and Valravn. Out of the three, SheiKra is my favorite and the shortest one, but still 200 ft.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:25 am

WolfBobs wrote:I personally love B&M Dive coasters. This was kinda out of left field since it wasn't included in any prior released document. Nevertheless I'm super stoked for this ride and it has moved SWSD up from a "I'll go one day" park to probably something I'll plan for in 2020-21. Definitely will try to include this park on my next SoCal trip!

I've never understand why enthusiasts hate dive coasters so much. Shiekra is at my home park so I know it pretty well (rode Griffin and Valravn before but don't remember them that well). With Shiekra, what's not to love about two intense weightless drops, an immelman with hangtime, a tunnel, and a water splash effect?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:38 am

Dive coasters are always a blast and they would be a great addition to basically any park.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:39 am

I've only ridden Griffon and I love it. The drop is so awesome. I see the criticisms of them but it doesn't matter they're fun.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Dombot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Looks awesome! Kinda odd to see SeaWorld building a dive coaster not at Busch Gardens, but I like it. Crazy to see how much love this park's been getting these past few years. :)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mine Blower
6. Mako 7. Alpengeist 8. Twisted Cyclone 9. Montu 10. Mindbender

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:11 pm

coasterbill wrote:Dive coasters are always a blast and they would be a great addition to basically any park.

Totally agree, dive coasters are just plain fun and the GP absolutely loves them. This a a great addition to SWSD and I really like the direction the park is going. And a B&M dive is different enough from Hangtime that it will be a completely new experience for most people.
Coaster Count: 218 Last Coaster: Red Force
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:
WolfBobs wrote:I personally love B&M Dive coasters. This was kinda out of left field since it wasn't included in any prior released document. Nevertheless I'm super stoked for this ride and it has moved SWSD up from a "I'll go one day" park to probably something I'll plan for in 2020-21. Definitely will try to include this park on my next SoCal trip!

I've never understand why enthusiasts hate dive coasters so much. Shiekra is at my home park so I know it pretty well (rode Griffin and Valravn before but don't remember them that well). With Shiekra, what's not to love about two intense weightless drops, an immelman with hangtime, a tunnel, and a water splash effect?

Not so sure, I think a lot of enthusiasts still just get caught up in "bigger, faster, better" and don't stop to just enjoy each ride for what it is and what it brings to the park it's in. I have been on 4 dive coasters and love each one and I'm looking forward to this as much as I'm looking forward to Yukon Striker at CW.

The other thing we should be excited about is what rides like this symbolize for the direction the SW parks are headed. It appears that rides and coasters will be a focus to get these parks...caught up let's say in the rides department. We already know 2019 and 2020 will be exciting years for the SW and BG properties, the next ten or so could be a very exciting period of growth.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Very exciting news for this park. It's been a while since I have gotten down to Seaworld. I will definitely make a trip when this gets built. :lover:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!