Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

P. 61: Popcorn Revenge Shooting Darkride unveiled for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:24 pm

From what you're saying, it certainly sounds like the brakes hit harder now then it did when I rode it. If that is the case, that is a real shame, because the ride was very fun and full of airtime. But if there is hardly any airtime now, then yeah, I could see why Tiki-Waka isn't all that excited anymore...
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpine Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 45

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Belgiumcoasterfreak » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:44 am

During the EAS in Amsterdam today, the new ride set to open for 2019 in Walibi Belgium was revealed to the public. ETF, Alterface and Joravision are responsible for the ride vehicle, ride design and fysical theming. The newly designed ridesystem called 'Erratic Ride' is the first of it's kind Interactive Darkride that includes a very small ride-footprint with the option to personally influence your own ride experience (depending on how good you're playing. The better you are, the longer the ride takes etc.). The ride will see it's first debut in Walibi Belgium in 2019.

The ride vehicle:

Concept video:

Source: Twitter Alterface and Pretpark.be

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:36 pm

^Interesting. Is this replacing Challenge of Tutankhmaon or will the park have two shooting dark ride that can have different outcomes?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:56 pm

^It is this dark ride. This will be located in the Ali Baba section of the park, near the Vekoma Boomerang Cobra.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpine Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 45

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:34 pm

I found an art concept posted online, for this new attraction.
And it looks like the haunted swing ride is a Bye-Bye, too?

Or as it was known...le Palais du génie. :)
walibi-belgium.jpg
And the Boomerang looks fine, set in there, with the theming around it.
LePalaisduGenie-WalibiBelgium.jpg
R.I.P le Palais du Genie?
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby j2xv » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:40 am

Nrthwnd wrote:I found an art concept posted online, for this new attraction.
And it looks like the haunted swing ride is a Bye-Bye, too?

Or as it was known...le Palais du génie. :)

The haunted mansion will remain in the park, it's located near playland at the other side of Radja River, you can't see it on that concept art, however the area near the haunted mansion will (i think either this or next year) get a big update with a new small kid-coaster running over the path, between playland and the lake. (see attached photo)
btw, a few months ago i threw this togheter, its all the plants overlayed with the excisting sattelite pictures. https://imgur.com/a/5A9kF

*edit*, the new coaster won't run over the path, the main pathway will be moved towards playland so that it's more integrated into the park and not like some side area. Great move from Walibi! really digging their future plans.
3WqF6IO.jpg

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!