Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 179: "Rivers of Light: We Are One" updated show announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thr

Postby The Great Zo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:01 am

I've been to Animal Kingdom 3 or 4 times since Primeval Whirl opened, and never got the credits. Always thought "eh, maybe next time, there are better things to do here."
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR -- 2015 CP -- 2017 FL
Trip Reports: 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA -- 2019 CP -- 2019 Euro -- 2019 GC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:07 am

Honestly, the one at Fun Spot is better and that's just not a sequence of words that you should say about any ride at Walt Disney World.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 am

coasterbill wrote:Honestly, the one at Fun Spot is better and that's just not a sequence of words that you should say about any ride at Walt Disney World.

I'll say it.......... Fun Spot has better wooden roller coasters than Disney :lmao: .

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Haymaker » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:26 pm

Primeval Whirl and more surprisingly, Rivers of Light confirmed to be closed permanently via CM memo

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Taylor Finn » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:25 am

Primeval Whirl closing is perfectly fine. I do understand what Disney was going for with Dinoland USA and recognize there is actually a pretty substantial backstory to it, which is neat. However, it fell flat for me time and time again.

I really cannot understand though why they would close Primeval Whirl but keep that section of the park open. It seems bizarre, if you ask me. It would be like Radiator Springs Racer closing for good and keeping the other two flats. I mean, you could do it. But it just seems bare now.

Rivers of Light was an enjoyable show. And a necessary show. But it didn't wow me or anything. I hope they're replacing and not just eliminating, but we'll see.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Haymaker » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:28 am

^ They were due to replace it next year anyway from what I read. Obviously thats probably been put off for now.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:44 am

Taylor Finn wrote:I really cannot understand though why they would close Primeval Whirl but keep that section of the park open. It seems bizarre, if you ask me. It would be like Radiator Springs Racer closing for good and keeping the other two flats. I mean, you could do it. But it just seems bare now.

Animal Kingdom is (by Disney standards) actually a pretty terrible park for little kids (in terms of rides... obviously they have great animal exhibits). TriceraTop Spin is one of only (I think) three rides in the park that doesn’t have a height requirement and the only one of those three that doesn’t normally have multi-hour waits (Navi River Journey and Safari being the other two). It’s also available to expectant mothers. I actually can’t think of any other ride in the park that is except for Navi River Journey.

I never thought about any of this until we went with some friends of ours last year and they had a little kid and another one on the way. At Magic Kingdom they can ride tons of rides, but at Animal Kingdom you’re mostly SOL.

So thanks to them we can now say that we’ve been on TriceraTop spin which wasn’t a ride I ever thought I’d ride. :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:57 am.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:36 pm

To sum up my recent experience today, on a weekend:

I got on Flight of Passage twice. That is all.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!