Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:32 am

Another odd question.

What is the best way to get the Flyer to stop snapping once you get it going? Is it to point the sail in one direction? Since I noticed the op was slowing it down on most cycles when someone got wild, I didn't want to go full tilt for the entire ride.

I quickly learned letting go of the sail still caused those things to snap on their own once they got going.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:58 am

Mini trip report!!

Took a wonderful day trip up to knoebels with my mom, sister, and grandmother on a beautiful saturday in august with temperatures in the low 80s and no humidity. It was their first time there for all three. I visited fornthe first time last year with tpr. Arrived around 11:45 to 2 lanes of inbound traffic, which was expected with this wonderful weather. The park does a wonderdul job with their traffic. Really impressed with that!

Walked around for the first hour or so and then stopped and got lunch at the international food court. Ordered a meatball sub, garlic toast, and a large soda all for $11 dollars. I love it. The food was amazing. Highly recommend the meatball sub. Side note: a security guard saw us looking at the map, confused on where to go, and approached us asking if we needed help. You dont usually see that at six flags or even some cedar fair parks. Staff is so amazing there!

Didnt do any of the coasters but did take a nice relaxing ride on both trains and the scrnic skyway. Watched Group Du Jour at the band shell, really good group that played some good songs. Enjoyed some very good ice cream.

Played fascinations with my mom and sister. Both their first times playing and my mom won on the second game we played. (Beginners luck.) Also did the coal mine museum and knoebels history. Really cool seeing the history of the park with photos and a timeline.

All in all, it was a wonderful and perfect day at the park.
20190810_115255.jpg
Parking was over half full by the time i arrived.
20190810_115304.jpg
Have to admit, knoebels does a hell of a job with their traffic. Kudos to them.
20190810_121842.jpg
Impulse is such a fun ride!
20190810_121900.jpg
Love the loop!
20190810_123134.jpg
I do argee, best carousel there is!
20190810_123628.jpg
Love when parks display their Golden Ticket Awards!
20190810_141105.jpg
Love the dedication from the knoebels team!
20190810_193510.jpg
Park has very nice landscaping throughout!
20190810_205132.jpg
Parks are always better at night!
20190810_210512.jpg
Reminds me of a candy cane!
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Postby prozach626 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:34 pm

Side note: a security guard saw us looking at the map, confused on where to go, and approached us asking if we needed help. You dont usually see that at six flags or even some cedar fair parks. Staff is so amazing there!

I wonder if that has a lot to do with the park treating their employees well. People love Knoebels because the employees treat the guests well. The employees enjoy their jobs, and in turn the guests, because Knoebels treats them well? Seems likely to me.

I'm glad you had a good visit. Thanks for sharing.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:02 pm

prozach626 wrote:
Side note: a security guard saw us looking at the map, confused on where to go, and approached us asking if we needed help. You dont usually see that at six flags or even some cedar fair parks. Staff is so amazing there!

I wonder if that has a lot to do with the park treating their employees well. People love Knoebels because the employees treat the guests well. The employees enjoy their jobs, and in turn the guests, because Knoebels treats them well? Seems likely to me.

I'm glad you had a good visit. Thanks for sharing.

Definitely is. My sister was talking to a worker who said she drives an hour and a half for work because she loves it. Food lines were busy, but not one employee had an attitude. Staff was incredible.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby swfan1988 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:17 am

Went to Knoebels this past week, for the first time! This was a really special trip because ever since I've became an enthusiast I've always heard about this place, and never thought I'd make it there for a long time. I'm so glad I went as it's easily the best park I've visited outside my home park (yay for Silverwood!).

Phoenix was AMAZING!!!!! I don't think I need to say anything other than it truly deserves the Golden Ticket (or at least to be in the running).

Another person in my group liked Twister, didn't ride cause I had just eaten a Tiger Tail :b .

Did Flying Turns first thing, and what a unique ride. (Hey Silverwood! Can we get one of these if your not gonna spend the money on that RMC :lol: )

Ran out of time for Impulse, since we only had part of a day there :cry:

I Also would like to nominate Knoebels for having the best: Bumper Cars, Whip, Flyers, Food, Miniature Train (Ole Smokey was closed, but we rode the Pioneer Train), Merchandise, and overall sense of humor for a park!

Here's some pics to go with! I don't know why they are in the order they are in but oh well!
IMG_20190820_160727.jpg
A little bit of history, from the coaster that should never have been torn down...
IMG_20190820_160722.jpg
This has got to be the coolest wooden caster sign out there
IMG_20190820_113606.jpg
BEST WOODEN COASTER EVER!!!!!!!
IMG_20190820_113606.jpg
BEST WOODEN COASTER EVER!!!!!!!
IMG_20190820_174616_1.jpg
Nice lighting...Don't think I missed much here
IMG_20190820_160007.jpg
why can't Silverwood have this!
IMG_20190820_122859.jpg
This is true.
IMG_20190820_114010.jpg
I wonder what the creative process was for this...
IMG_20190820_103558.jpg
This was SO MUCH FUN!! Another kid hit a branch with his, although I couldn't figure out how to snap it.
I don't work for a theme park, but I wish I did! (Except Six Flags...)
Wooden Faves: 1. PHOENIX!!!! 2. Timber Terror 3. Timber Terror 4. Timber Terror...
Steel Faves: 1. Hersheypark's Wild Mouse :lol: 2. Corkscrew (at Silverwood) :lmao: 3. Everything Else!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby CenturyFlyer » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:59 pm

I found that on the Knoebels Flyer, if you just start moving your rudder back and forth at medium speed, you should be able to snap your car. It's that easy!
There is only one true Blue Streak!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:22 pm

This is always a popular and welcomed topic. I know about the pizza & the perogies, TRPers tell me what else I must eat at Knoebels during my first ever visit?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:57 pm

Get cookies from the Loaf. It's the one that looks like...a...loaf.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:33 pm

boldikus wrote:This is always a popular and welcomed topic. I know about the pizza & the perogies, TRPers tell me what else I must eat at Knoebels during my first ever visit?

It's not one of the big things that everyone will tell you that you have to have, but IMO the turkey sandwich at the Alamo is amazing. It's absolutely drenched in wonderful gravy ("sandwich" or not, you'll need a fork and knife to eat it) and it's just so, so good.

Gelati is also good.

Cheese on a stick is also very good.

The fancy grilled cheese sandwiches on corn bread from the place that serves the gelati, also very very good.

The fried chicken waffle sandwich with sour cream and spinach and maple syrup and all the stuff that sounds bizarre and horrible? It's beyond words, it's amazing. I swear, it really is. You need to trust Knoebels. Nonono, don't trust me, just trust Knoebels.

...I mean, really, it's Knoebels, close your eyes, spin in circles, open your eyes, whatever food you're looking at is going to be good. Honestly you can't go wrong.

If you don't mind a little walk or a very short drive, try Nickel Plate 1/4 mile away too, it's the restaurant at the golf course owned by the park and it's also <3 <3 <3

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:44 pm

boldikus wrote:This is always a popular and welcomed topic. I know about the pizza & the perogies, TRPers tell me what else I must eat at Knoebels during my first ever visit?

Hasn't Bill already given you the rundown?

As someone who has eaten good pizza (Macks), don't expect Cesari's to be close to that level.

If you get there early before the park opens rides, get a French Toast meals at the International Food Court
At Totem Treats, I like the corn nuggets, my niece loves the fried pickles (not my thing). Cheese on a stick has not been the same for 3-4 years. Still good, but not exceptionally since they made changes.
Across from the Satelite ride pad is frozen sweet tea (if that sounds appealing)
Fresh grilled corn in the husk, opposite the log flume
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:46 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!