Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Way Close to Knoebels!

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Josh Linn » Sun May 05, 2019 9:33 am

Pseybert wrote:Has anyone ever stayed at the Pine Barn Inn?

Local here. Haven’t stayed, but Pine Barn is very nice (also a great restaurant). Keep in mind that it’s right in front of a fairly large hospital so there may be some traffic with employees coming and going.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Mon May 06, 2019 11:55 pm

just booked the super 8 danville for my return to the real happiest place on earth and plan on using the official perogi map to get the good perogis. I missed them last time.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Dude, the pierogies are no joke. Best I've ever had outside of Poland. I don't know what magic Knoebels conjures, but it's working. I could seriously go there just for Phoenix and pierogies and it'd be worth it.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Wed May 08, 2019 1:42 am

I'm pretty sure that knoebels exists in some sort of force field of awesomeness and the piergoies just taste better because of that.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Wed May 08, 2019 8:32 am

Everything is better at Knoebels. Rides, food, doesn't matter; if it exists there and somewhere else, it's better at Knoebels.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby gp1086 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:44 pm

If planning to do both the amusement park and the pool on one summer Saturday, is there a good place to change with fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo to store normal clothes / wet bathing suits when doing one vs. the other? Also thinking about where to keep valuables while swimming. Any tips?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu May 23, 2019 3:10 am

They're included with your Crystal Pool admission. You get a key when you go in, and you give the key back when you leave. Super-easy.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon May 27, 2019 7:19 pm

Quickie Knoebels trip report from my brief pop up to my hometown this weekend.

The park was incredibly crowded, probably the most I've seen in years. Lots of stuff was going on to attract people in - Memorial Day weekend, veterans appreciation, appreciation for the local hospitals, first day of operation for the Crystal Pool... it goes on. Food lines were long and slow-moving, especially my favorite Cesari's Pizza, and Bill's "MS Paint Map Approved" pierogis were in high demand as well. Attractions, however, were a different story, with Knoebels operations once again showing how they are a masterclass in the amusement park business.

I mentioned this in the Facebook group - there's something amazing about the park being enjoyable, as always, despite the heavy crowds.

Phoenix got modern air gates several years ago and enthusiasts cried out in pain, but based on my experience yesterday, it's like they aren't even there. Under two train operations, trains are fully unloaded AND loaded with lap bars down for at least five to ten seconds before the train on the circuit makes it over the double-up. And Phoenix itself was running incredibly fast, at some points really throwing my little body up into the lap bar. It's still my number one coaster, in case anyone even remotely thought of asking.

I arrived at 1:00 PM but spent most of my afternoon trying out my new camera equipment instead of riding rides, so with the crowds I was only able to get rides on Phoenix, Twister, and Impulse. Twister continues to be very aggressive, at times actually slamming back down onto the track with some force. Impulse is starting to get a little bit janky in the cobra roll and vertical loop but there's nothing quite like the hang time of that roll.

Despite the limited riding, well, it's Knoebels for goodness' sake, so my visit was incredibly positive. Next year I plan to take my vacation during an earlier week to actually get a nice, relaxing, full day there.

For now, enjoy one of the good photos from the trip. It's Phoenix, right before the airtime buffet!

Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon May 27, 2019 8:15 pm

That's a great photo; the nee equipment has paid off! You can really see the details even in motion. Phoenix is a perfect coaster to test it on, too. Everyone has a reaction every time.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 30, 2019 7:27 pm

I ran into a fellow enthusiast tonight at Kings Island who was going to drive right past Knoebels on a coaster road trip without stopping.

Trying to sell that park was one of the easiest things I've ever done. He saw the light when I described what it's like to get ejector airtime without a seatbelt.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Darien Lake & Kings Island

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!