Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:44 pm

^^ I liked that they put "the fabulous Funway" in the caption! =)

We had something like Fascination, called Pokerino at the PNE. But it was an individual game to play.
And relied on putting poker hands together, from where the balls fell through. I was actually good at it, lol!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby The Great Zo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:47 am

cal1br3tto wrote:Might take a few visits to Knoebels, though, considering I haven't even gotten to all their thrill rides...

I've been to Knoebels three times now, and I am still missing some rides ... and snacks.

djcoastermark wrote:Anyone remember Cedar Point's cool Fascination area ? From 1955 til sometime in the early 2000's.

Yep. And now it's a Johnny Rockets. :x
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:01 am

The Great Zo wrote:
djcoastermark wrote:Anyone remember Cedar Point's cool Fascination area ? From 1955 til sometime in the early 2000's.

Yep. And now it's a Johnny Rockets. :x

. . but. . . .

they STOP TO DANCE !!!

(while you're hungry and waiting for your food, and you have to stop and wait to watch them dance, while your burger sits under the lamps until they are done so you can get your mediocre burger).

but hey, at least the shakes are great, and the dancing is fun and they are talented enough to pull it off in every case I've seen.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby prozach626 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:56 am

operative_me wrote:
How was the pool and the slides? I know the pool was huge, and I think they only had a couple of water slides. We were going to check it out but then it started raining. I think it was around $15 to have all day access to the pool, so I'm assuming it's a good deal.

It was great. I didn't want to get in the pool, but my wife really wanted to. We only swam for about a half hour or so. It was enough to cool us off. It ended up being really refreshing, since it was very hot outside. We didn't do any of the slides.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:51 pm

I was always intrigued to know how good those water slides are
Considering everything else in the park, I've been very tempted to try them.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Eiffel Tower & Nigloland

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:59 pm

The blue tube slides are nothing to write home about but the green mat slides are pretty fun. If you kick off fast enough you can get some serious speed on the bottom of the drop.

But those slides have been around for such a long time... I think at least fifteen years or so. I recall them replacing the old set of slides only a few years after Twister opened.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:12 pm

Thanks! The mat ones sound and look a bit reminiscent of the ones at Fantasy Island and DelGrosso's. I may have to give it a go next time I'm there.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Eiffel Tower & Nigloland

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:44 pm

A.J. wrote:The blue tube slides are nothing to write home about but the green mat slides are pretty fun. If you kick off fast enough you can get some serious speed on the bottom of the drop.

But those slides have been around for such a long time... I think at least fifteen years or so. I recall them replacing the old set of slides only a few years after Twister opened.

The blue tube slides aren't anything special if you go solo.

If you go on a double tube with someone else they're something entirely different! More than any other slide I've ever been on and in true Knoebels fashion, they go from sedate and gentle to batshit insane and trying to kill you if you go down on a double tube with a bit of extra weight. I'm not remotely heavy but even going down with someone else of moderate size, we were nearly flipping over on almost every turn with a double tube!

The mat slides are just awesome.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Pedrinho » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:44 am

So.. I just read the entire thread (yes, starting in 2005!) for catching up how Knoebel's became what it is.
That was a fascinating journey, for me in special because we started getting real enthusiasts just three years ago and didn't know many things that happened in the amusement park business before and in the US in special.

We went to Knoebel's in July 2017 as it was on our road trip from Niagara Falls to New York City. As it was a spontaneous stop, we only had three to four hours. It was a busy Sunday, so we just were able to doe the Phoenix, Flying Turns, Twister, Downdraft, Skyride and the Whipper.
I have to admit that we weren't prepared properly. If we had read this thread before, we would have known that the Scooters, the carousel and the Flyers are an absolute must-do.

And (sorry, Bill) we ate at the Alamo and didn't eat the Pierogis.. Might be a shame.

I was surprised to read that Over The Top is no more, because it wasn't even open to the public when we were there. And I was sad that Downdraft is being replaced, I really loved it.

So what can I say? I'm so sad that I cannot foresee when we will be able to return to this fantastic park, to which we fell in love after minutes being there. It was such a blast. We really need to come back for a whole day or more. If we would have Knoebel's over here, we would visit it every other week.

So please keep posting pictures, trip reports and news so we don't miss anything to add to our list for 202X! :)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Black Mamba; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:03 am

Pedrinho wrote:So.. I just read the entire thread (yes, starting in 2005!) for catching up how Knoebel's became what it is.

I have the same habit of doing this through multiple threads. Just yesterday I was checking out the rumors and construction of Sierra Sidewinder in the Knotts Berry Farm thread.
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!