Knoebels Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterLover » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:40 am

You can get a ride all day pass (which includes the coasters) online for $44. If you plan to ride the Haunted Mansion (which I recommend), this is NOT included in the ride-all-day pass and will cost you an extra $2.50. Alternatively, you can buy a $20 book of tickets at a nearby Weis grocery store for $16 per book (so basically, you could get $60 worth of tickets for $48 (these tickets CAN be used on the Haunted Mansion so no need to get additional tickets). All of the major coasters (except Black Diamond) are $3 to ride and most of the other major flat rides are in the ball park of $2 to 2.50 to ride. As such, you need to ride ~25 rides in a given day to break even using a ride all day pass (compared to buying the discounted tickets at Weis).

If you plan on staying (more or less) all day and you are going on a slower day and you intend to have (lots of) re-rides on the coasters, this is pretty easy to accomplish. If you only plan on hitting the coasters one or two times each and/or you only plan on being there for a limited number of hours, it's much harder to do. We go so frequently that the tickets are the best option... tickets allow us to leisurely walk around and ride what we want and not feel like we are pushing to get our money's worth from a ride-all-day pass. If we have extra tickets at the end of the day (which we frequently do), we just bring them with us for our next trip so there's never a loss. We've been so many times though that one ride on each of the coasters per visit is typically enough, so if you think this will be your only time going, the pass may be better for you.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:34 am

When we went, crowds were low, and we planned on staying the whole day, so we got the wristbands. Totally paid for itself - I did some mental tracking as we rode things, and by the end of the day, we would've spent twice as much on tickets for what we accomplished. That said, though, I agree with others that it depends on crowds and how leisurely you wish to approach your day.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:29 pm

I went for two days in August when it was decently busy, and I still managed to get more out of the wristband each day than I would have on individual tickets. If you're going to be there all day, I recommend the wristband.

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:53 am

The wristband... Then you do not have to worry about counting/carrying tickets and possibly losing them. I've done that before, fell right out of my pocket.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby prozach626 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:03 pm

Is the wrist band on certain days, or is it always available?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:19 pm

The wristband is only available on weekdays.
Total Coasters: 140

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:41 pm

^ Yep, only good Monday through Friday, but if you buy the wristband online, you save $5 ($49 -> $44).
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:19 pm

prozach626 wrote:Is the wrist band on certain days, or is it always available?

There are weekends where the wrist band is available - Every Saturday in September and the last 3 Sundays of September and during the Covered Bridge Festival.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:35 pm

^ I didn't realize they offered wristbands on weekends when it's early and late in the season. Good to know!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Magic Mountain & Disney California Adventure

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:59 pm

Yes, they offer the wristbands on weekends at both ends of the season, typically during the calendar weeks where they are only ever open weekends (early Spring / near opening and mid Autumn).
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!