Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby chauncey » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:41 am

DerekRx wrote:Knoebels has been rumored to want either a flying turns, or a wooden wild mouse for years, of course with the lack of a manufacturer for the trains, it hasn't happened yet.

Well, Mack has built both in their history, and would probably do it again, for the right cost. Also, PTC was certainly involved with at least a few of the original Flying Turns coasters, if not all of them. Both companies are still in business.

The real issue is, I think, "the right cost". Does Knoebel's have the money? I think if they make the investment, no matter how steep it may seem, it will pay off. Especially if it's for the Flying Turns ride, as there's isn't a single one left (and there are 4 or 5 wooden mouse coasters left). Enthusiasts will flock to the park even more than they do now!

Besides, I'd be willing to promise to ride it enough to pay back the invesment personally, if they do it!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Musical Pete » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:32 pm

If Knoebels can manage this, it'll be a great acheivement, and give the technology-hungry (tech-whore perhaps) amusement industry a good classic kick up the arse.

I can't remember where I found these, or of which specific coasters they were, but here's a couple of photos..
f513390e.jpg.orig.jpg
Flying Turns Aerial.jpg

Postby chauncey » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:03 pm

Those are some great photos I hadn't seen before, Pete! I especially like the first one, as it gets really up close, and is in color! Thanks a lot!

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:35 pm

chauncey wrote:Besides, I'd be willing to promise to ride it enough to pay back the invesment personally, if they do it!

That is a tall order ;) Good luck.

As for the Flying Turns, that thing looks wicked.

Postby chauncey » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:38 pm

Real wrote:
chauncey wrote:Besides, I'd be willing to promise to ride it enough to pay back the invesment personally, if they do it!

That is a tall order ;) Good luck.

As for the Flying Turns, that thing looks wicked.

I would! Not all at once, of course, but slowly, over time. Assuming, that is, that it's as good I as expect it to be, and they keep it running long enough!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby bluemen » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:31 pm

That 1st pic is amazing!

All of the bobsleds I've been on have felt sluggish, but the old flying turns apparently weren't. I hope Knoebel's can make their new ride more like the old while still being safe. Do I correctly recall (somewhere in the back of my mind) that classic flying turns had maintenance trouble? If I ever read that, it was in the ol' Traver book. If not, pardon me.

Idiot.

Postby Tomizzle For Rizzle » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:43 pm

A source told me that the guy who is helping with the rebuild of starliner wants to put one in at Knoebels. I'm sure it will happen, if not there, somewhere.

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:54 am

A source told me that the guy who is helping with the rebuild of starliner wants to put one in at Knoebels. I'm sure it will happen, if not there, somewhere.

That would be John Fetterman and he is a Knoebels Employee.

Also [enter top-secret mode] ... a little birdie told me that the MSAP Log Flume may end up at Wild Adventures.
Ted

Former Knoebels Flyer Operator

New stuff at Knoebels for 2006

Postby RCoasterny » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:47 am

Knoebels has posted on their website some stuff that's new for 2006. The Flying Turns is listed, and two new stuff as well. One is a game called "Dog Pounder" and seems to be a spin off from the Whac-A-Mole game. The third thing is the "XD Theater" which looks like a 3D theater with motion seats, similar to the 4D theaters found at Paramount parks. Check it out here:
http://www.knoebels.com/whatsnew.htm

(edit)
Found out that XD Theater is made by a company called Triotech Amusement Inc. Thier webpage is here: http://www.trio-tech.com/index.html
RC!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:22 pm

Flying Turns? As in the old-fashioned bobsled? Are they going to just build a Mack or Intamin bobsled instead?
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!