Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby RideofSteel » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:30 pm

I don't think Power Surge is getting removed... It's still listed on their site.

The ride looked really fun, but at the same time it looked like it was plopped down in the middle of a path. The awkward, temporary fence blocking you from the black of the ride didn't seem quite up to Knoebels quality.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Concerning Power Surge -

Knoebels originally bought a Mixer from Zamperla back in the dark ages (read: 1997).

The ride, called the AXS (axis), was plopped down where Power Surge is currently. Apparently AXS had maintenance troubles and was removed rather quickly - then the Power Surge took its place and has been operating ever since.

The first time I went to Knoebels in the late 90s, AXS had gotten one arm stuck upside-down with riders for several hours. Both arms are supposed to rotate at the same time, so I might not have remembered it correctly, or both arms might have gotten stuck and they were able to rotate one. Either way, that remains the first of only two times that I've seen a Zamperla Mixer in person.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dr. M » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:26 pm

I was secretly hoping Power Surge was going, or at least getting moved, I just think they could do something better with that space. Oh well, maybe next year.
-Dr. M

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:27 pm

^^I think I would be perfectly content to simply watch, rather than ride. a Zamperla Mixer. ;)
Last edited by cfc on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:27 pm.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby HWFan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 am

I just saw on Screamscape that wheelchair-bound guests are only allowed on the Flying Turns if it has one or two train operation. I'm in a wheelchair, and I was hoping to visit in 2014. Am I the only one who feels that this policy on a NEW ride is ridiculous? The only rides I've had trouble with in the past are rides built a long time before the ADA was passed. I was fine with that, but this policy is a slap in the face. It took them so long to build it, I figured they would've figured this out. I guess I'll be going elsewhere.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy216 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:24 am

I really don't think its an issue. They are trying to maximize the capacity of an already low-capacity ride. It would really slow down the ride loading process.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:29 am

That seems hard to believe since it would seem to be an obvious violation of ADA law.

edit: Just saw the photo on Screamscape. Did they even run this by a lawyer?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy216 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:42 am

DirkFunk wrote:That seems hard to believe since it would seem to be an obvious violation of ADA law.

edit: Just saw the photo on Screamscape. Did they even run this by a lawyer?

Is it really a violation? I don't see how it is. I mean it is not like they are flat out denying them access to the ride, they are just limiting the access.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:46 am

It sounds to me that the possible reasoning behind this might be that the ride probably '"sets up" (breaks down) if they have Three or four trains stack.
I do find it odd that they would enact this policy, but I guess the way they are looking at is that it cuts back on breakdowns.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:12 am

HWFan wrote:I just saw on Screamscape that wheelchair-bound guests are only allowed on the Flying Turns if it has one or two train operation. I'm in a wheelchair, and I was hoping to visit in 2014. Am I the only one who feels that this policy on a NEW ride is ridiculous? The only rides I've had trouble with in the past are rides built a long time before the ADA was passed. I was fine with that, but this policy is a slap in the face. It took them so long to build it, I figured they would've figured this out. I guess I'll be going elsewhere.

Before you get all upset, did you possible think it could be a safety issue? If the ride breaks down you could be stuck out on the track and it could be very difficult to evacuate you.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!