Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:16 pm

Sounds awesome!

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:40 pm

Awesome! Is there actually a flying turns coaster that actually exits in the USA? If not, Knobels will have the only one!
---Brent 8)
Disobey

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby chauncey » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:53 pm

None of them exist anywhere, at the moment, unless you count bobsleds. We do have a couple of bobsleds here.

CoastinKatie

Postby CoastinKatie » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:14 pm

From what I heard at PPP, they are gonna rebuild Euclid Beach's flying turns. They said they had original blueprints. The only thing I found only with blueprints dates was the one from Euclid back in 1929.

Katie, Phoenix was KICK ass last night! So was Twister! Flyers were in SICKO mode! WooT! TR tomorrow guys!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby chauncey » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:16 am

Awesome! The Euclid Beach version was, from what I hear, the tallest, fastest, most intense, Flying Turns / Bobsled ever!

Anyone have any tips for moving to Pennsylvania, specifically the Knoebels area? How is the real estate, employment, quality of life, crime, etc? Can't be much worse than Tampa! Or can it? :?

Elissa's REAL Boyfriend

Postby exit english » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:38 am

Okay, now I get why everyone was talking about the flying turns all around the campground on saturday night. I guess I missed the announcement since I was too busy trying to dry off back at the (very wet) tent.

-Josh

Sorry, Not Feeling Very Creative Today!

Postby FlyingScooter » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:00 am

The Flying Turns at Euclid Beach was awesome. It scared the heck out of me when i was a kid.

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:25 am

Just got back from PPP last night as this is what I gathered (Fetterman's Assistant spent quite a bit of time at our campsite)

{warning: can't verify any of this}

- The plans were possibly picked up in Chicago (Riverview perhaps)
- Biggest obstacle has been the trains. It may even kill the project
- Angle Iron may already be in the process
- Built in-house (Who else is going to build it)
Ted

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:27 am

^Thats what I've gathered too, Ted. The blueprints they have will fit the area of Whirlwind perfectly, the only thing holding them back right now is the cost of the trains, which could cost way more than Knoebels would want to shell out. Hopefully they'll shop around though and someone will be able to make the trains for it. Maybe Premier would be interested, or Mack, since they already have something similar in their bobsled trains.

Knoebels has been rumored to want either a flying turns, or a wooden wild mouse for years, of course with the lack of a manufacturer for the trains, it hasn't happened yet.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:35 am

I am not exactly sure how the Mack cars operate, but I do think they are very similar. I was told that the trains for Knoebels' "Flying Turns" ride would have a pivot point in the center of the car that would tilt up and down and also side to side.
Ted

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!