Knoebels Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 pm

^Now you tell me...

Although that'll never happen, anyway, since I only ride outside horses on the Grand Carousel.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:06 am

I went to Knoebels in August 2017 (Favorite park of all time, by the way— I came in expecting a permanent fairground setup with some decent coasters and came out shocked) for around five hours, and I didn’t even visit Kiddieland with its extensive collection of rides or the Black Diamond area with the Mining Museum. Also, I am ashamed that I missed out on 3 sets of antique cars, as just two days post-Knoebels I started a love of antique cars after riding Blue Ridge Tollway at Kings Dominion. It’d be easy to spend an entire day at the park to be honest, and maybe check out the waterpark too, I know I would never be bored for a second.
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:25 am

^Plan to stay longer next time haha!

I can go to Knoebels for 3 days and still want more. THAT is how an amusement park should feel. You might want to check out PPP (Phoenix Phall Phunfest) around the first weekend of October. Some coaster/park people complain it's overcrowded, but I disagree as they open the whole park up for it nowadays. I'll usually get there on Thursday and leave Monday. Great time!

Or just go anytime and plan to spend a minimum of an entire open-close day. I have more fun on the skyride, skyslide and Satellite alone than I have at most "big" parks.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Postby bert425 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:55 am

JT325 wrote:^Plan to stay longer next time haha!

I can go to Knoebels for 3 days and still want more. THAT is how an amusement park should feel. You might want to check out PPP (Phoenix Phall Phunfest) around the first weekend of October. Some coaster/park people complain it's overcrowded, but I disagree as they open the whole park up for it nowadays. I'll usually get there on Thursday and leave Monday. Great time!

Or just go anytime and plan to spend a minimum of an entire open-close day. I have more fun on the skyride, skyslide and Satellite alone than I have at most "big" parks.

we did, I think 14+ hours on the TPR trip last year. . and it still wasn't enough.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:59 am

I can ride Skyride 3 times a day, easily. Almost everything needs about 3 rides a day. And that's not even getting to the food or just resting in the endless charm spots on the grounds. Or socializing if I'm there for PPP.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:37 am

I've been to Knoebels probably a dozen times and while I can do the best of the best in a day, it's impossible to do everything. There's just so many amazing things about this park.

Plus I probably spend at least a third of my visit on Phoenix. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby djcoastermark » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:46 pm

Went to opening day of the Florida State Fair last Thursday and found this little gem. Reminded me of Knoebels for some reason. Yeah, can't wait to get back to Knoebels, but this will tide me over during their off season.
20190207_160131.jpg
20190207_160423.jpg

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:11 pm

^How many of you made the "woosh" sound when you scrolled down to the second photo?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby operative_me » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:14 am

^^^Heck the next time I get to Knoebels I might just have to dedicate a day to playing Fascination... That is addictive.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Habreno » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:02 am

Can confirm, Fascination is way too much fun.

The only problem is figuring out what to get with the tickets...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!