Roller Coaster Queues

Pictures/Descriptions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Gav » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Alpenguy wrote:
apolloman wrote:im curious to what a dive machine's station looks like.

Oblivion actually has a really unusual queue setup. The ride tandem loads (2 trains at once) and splits the queue very early on, and it's just two wide paths with a chain between going up a big spiralish ramp setup. Then each one splits and goes through a little cage jetway sort of elevated tunnel to the station, where things get even more unusual.

Here's a pic if you were still interested Apolloman:
http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/GB/Alton/ ... ation.html

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LeeG1287 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:26 pm

six flags in my opinion has queues that are unecessiarly long. The biggest offender of the four parks i've visited [ SFOG, SFKK, SFMM & SFSTL] is The Boss at SFSTL. I saw 2 trains fully cycle while walking up to the station. Another bad one is Mr. Freeze

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby nitrofan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:08 pm

^I didn't think Mr. Freeze was that bad because of the use of switchbacks so you don't have to walk through it all. While Boss's queue was really long, I thought it was cool walking so close alongside the finale of the ride with trains shooting by.

I think Poltergeist at SFFT, Roadrunner Express's at SFFT's old queue, Revenge of the Mummy at USF (even though it probably fills up pretty frequently), Dueling Dragons' queue (the queue is enough, but they added switchbacks too?), and Chang at SFKK.

I would mention several of the queues at SFOG, but I have seen all of their queues full and spilling onto the midway (yes, even Batman, through all the switchbacks).

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Phantom's Revenge's queue is extremely long and the entrance is almost one quarter of the way across the park.
Fahrenheit's could use some shade for the time being until those trees grow in.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby divyking » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:38 am

Heres some pics I found of Saw from earlier this year

(http://www.mengsbizarreadventure.com/blog/?p=782)

These were taken when Saw was on limited capacity due to technical issues and the queue was 4 HOURS!!! (there was no fastrack available for Saw at this time)

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby iplf » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:25 am

I liked the Saw queue a lot when I was at Thorpe in June. Moved VERY fast!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LeeG1287 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:14 pm

I liked the Mr. Freeze queue at SSTL... With the exception od the air conditioner being broke in it. For such a cold themed ride it sure was hotter than hades in there.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:16 pm

Many of you are saying that TTD's queue line is massive, snaking, has many switchbacks, and really long. Well I've waited the entire queue line before and it wasn't more that 2 hours. So it's not too long.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:52 pm

After having spent the weekend at Kings Dominion, I must say that Rebel Yell and Grizzly have the most ungodly loooong drawn out queues! You could almost count 3 or 4 trains dispatched before you hit the loading platform!
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Papas

Postby Papas » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:54 pm

I decided to go back and re-hash one of my old videos, or as Disney would call it, new magic.

Batman The Line [revisited] - SFSTL

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!