Roller Coaster Queues

Pictures/Descriptions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby stingrock23 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:56 pm

I"m sorry, but nothing is worth 5 hours. Absolutely nothing.

Hell, I was mad when I had to wait 2 1/2 hours for millenium force. I mean, it was great, but nothing is worth waiting that long for.

Idiot.

Postby methos » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:08 pm

i think some of the best queue lines are
ioa dragons and hulk. dragons is the most deceiving queue i have ever been in.

pkd flight of fear.

space mountain wdw

revenge of the mummy ush
for non coasters i like

Indiana Jones dlr
Dr doom ioa
spider-man ioa
men in black usf
star tours both dlr and MGM
mission space Epcot
test track Epcot
what was questor now corkscrew hill at bgw

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kk » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:35 pm

Yeah, those are some nice queues. Does anyone happen to have pictures of Scream at SFMM's queue. If you don't have pictures, can you describe it. Thanks.

Mmm... Xcelerator...

Postby COOOOLkid » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:39 pm

Scream's isn't that interesting. You enter the queue from the right side of the dive loop, go through the straight queue for a while, then there's the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo once you reach the entrance. And you climb up the stairs to the station.

http://rcdb.com/ig2169.htm?picture=19

M-Oral Violations

Postby Nemmy » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:42 pm

My last TTD visit was 1.5 hours. Not that bad, but the switchbacks...OMFG I kept sitting on rails whenever the line stopped slowly progressing. Did that on Raptor, also.

Oh yeah, Raptor's an ass, also. It's all in one area, and you can see the really elevated station from almost any point in the line. It's like Cedar Point wants to make your wait on Raptor hell. You can't even figure out when you're going to get into the station, it's so freaking compact.
Coaster Count: 537

The proud creator of two stickies:

Video Song List
Robb's Job

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kk » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:57 pm

Thanks COOOOLkid, wow so Scream! is just a straight line up stairs into the station. Does anyone know about X's queue?

The first, the last, and forevermore

Postby V2-dude » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:07 pm

Medusa @ SFMW is pretty weird when there is a long line, the queue doesn't even switchback properly! It sorta circles around and then goes into a long strait path. And if you have been on Zonga (back when it was still open) when it is walk on. It's makes you dizzy!

http://www.sfmwzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/emAlbum.cgi?c=show_image;p=Roller%20Coasters/Zonga;i=16;img=zonga11.jpg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kk » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:29 pm

People do the circle thing on Nitro sometimes. Zonga's queue does make me pretty dizzy.You know what I have noticed. Cedar Fair is like obsessed with switchbacks. At Dorney Park & Cedar Point, every single coaster queue has switchbacks. Talon, TTD, MF, & Mantis's queue are all ONLY switchbacks. Raptor is just a straight path and then a huge set of switchbacks.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ShoubraStreet74 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:20 pm

kk wrote:Thanks COOOOLkid, wow so Scream! is just a straight line up stairs into the station. Does anyone know about X's queue?

this screenshot from Windows Live sorta shows X's que. But since I've never been on X I can't offer any details.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/35120191817.jpg&s=x11

You can use Windows Live to get aerial views of many rides all over the country (including their queues) :D

Wisconsin state fair boy

Postby benzo41190 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:25 pm

Also Cedar Fair parks put in extra stuff like fan, tents, vending machines, DJ's, at the rides that suck! The 2 exceptions would be Magnum and MF.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!