TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Queues

Hi. This is my first post. My name is Neil, and my home park is Six Flags Great Adventure. I love coasters and I am also interested in coaster queues. I know, I am weird. Does anyone have any pics or descriptions of some queues from SFMM or Six Flags Great America? I would love to hear from someone. Everyone here seems like a great bunch of people. So, hi everybody.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also interested in seeing some pictures of coaster queue's. I would like to see a picture of TTD's queue! Everyone says that its very long, like the snaking, so i would like to see a picture of that.

It is definitely a very long queue. When I was in line for it, I was like "OK, this isn't bad, we're almost there"...then BAM! The line just kept going and snaking around itself. Ridiculous.

Thanks for the welcome! TTD's queue is a huge mass of switchbacks in the infield. You enter from under the launch track and then it is switchback after switchback until finally there is a ramp into the station. You can find some pictures of it's queue on experiencethepoint.com. I hope that helps.

Wow, did you know that the line was 5.5 hours before you got in line. It must have been BORING in switchbacks for 5+ hours. The most I've ever waited was just over 2 hours for Kingda Ka. I love that ride. I wish it had lapbars like TTD, though.

i think some of the best queue lines are

ioa dragons and hulk. dragons is the most deceiving queue i have ever been in.

pkd flight of fear.

space mountain wdw

revenge of the mummy ush

for non coasters i like

Indiana Jones dlr

Dr doom ioa

spider-man ioa

men in black usf

star tours both dlr and MGM

mission space Epcot

test track Epcot

what was questor now corkscrew hill at bgw

My last TTD visit was 1.5 hours. Not that bad, but the switchbacks...OMFG I kept sitting on rails whenever the line stopped slowly progressing. Did that on Raptor, also.

Oh yeah, Raptor's an ass, also. It's all in one area, and you can see the really elevated station from almost any point in the line. It's like Cedar Point wants to make your wait on Raptor hell. You can't even figure out when you're going to get into the station, it's so freaking compact.

Medusa @ SFMW is pretty weird when there is a long line, the queue doesn't even switchback properly! It sorta circles around and then goes into a long strait path. And if you have been on Zonga (back when it was still open) when it is walk on. It's makes you dizzy!

http://www.sfmwzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/emAlbum.cgi?c=show_image;p=Roller%20Coasters/Zonga;i=16;img=zonga11.jpg

People do the circle thing on Nitro sometimes. Zonga's queue does make me pretty dizzy.You know what I have noticed. Cedar Fair is like obsessed with switchbacks. At Dorney Park & Cedar Point, every single coaster queue has switchbacks. Talon, TTD, MF, & Mantis's queue are all ONLY switchbacks. Raptor is just a straight path and then a huge set of switchbacks.

Thanks COOOOLkid, wow so Scream! is just a straight line up stairs into the station. Does anyone know about X's queue?

this screenshot from Windows Live sorta shows X's que. But since I've never been on X I can't offer any details.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/35120191817.jpg&s=x11

You can use Windows Live to get aerial views of many rides all over the country (including their queues)

LOL, dude, Magnum sucks if you're in a wheel seat. Also, I've only found one train that's smooth. I think it was #1.

But yeah, DJs in Millennium Force save the day. Magnum, you only hear them for about ten seconds as you skip through the empty switchbacks, but I do remember hearing "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers.

I"m sorry, but nothing is worth 5 hours. Absolutely nothing.

Hell, I was mad when I had to wait 2 1/2 hours for millenium force. I mean, it was great, but nothing is worth waiting that long for.

I totally agree. We went to Disneyland the year Splash Mountain opened, didn't even go on it. We did the fastpass thing last year. You wanna wait, get to the park when it opens and head to your fave. 5.5 hours in the sun? Forget it.

Also Cedar Fair parks put in extra stuff like fan, tents, vending machines, DJ's, at the rides that suck! The 2 exceptions would be Magnum and MF.

Oh, I was quite upset at CP during my last trip. For every ride except for TTD, there are tents and fans. Well, there were fans for the 3 hour queue for TTD, but they weren't working. I ended up with a case of sunstroke because of it. I was out of commission for the rest of the day. Not happy.

Did you know the line was 5.5 hours?

The line was only supposed to be 1 hour, but the weather wasn't great so it kept closing. It was not boring because it was me and 5 of my best friends so we had a blast sitting in line. Then when we finally got on, we got a rollback, so it was worth every second of waiting.