PortAventura Discussion Thread

P. 329 - New Hotel announced and a Sesame Street dark ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: PortAventura Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed May 23, 2018 5:45 pm

A Sesame Street dark ride sounds cool--are there others out there? I'd totally ride that. (Source: I enjoyed the Thomas the Tank Engine dark ride at Fuji-Q, the Cat in the Hat dark ride, etc.)
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby coaster1000 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi!

Has anybody been to this park recently? I am headed there on the 2nd and 3rd of August and was wondering if the horrible operations I remember from a few years back have gotten any better at all?

I am ready to bite the bullet and get an Express Pass for at least one of the days, but if anybody has been in the last few weeks I'd love to hear their experience...

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby aLFREd_25 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:40 am

coaster1000 wrote:Has anybody been to this park recently?

I visited the park in early June. While I don't know what operations were like before, we had one bad experience and then opt for the Express pass, which was easily worth the investment! My wife and I started the day at Ferrari World to knock that park out. The line for Red Force wasn't extremely long, but we decided to wait in the single rider line to knock it out quickly... that was a mistake. We actually waited 5 minutes longer than the group of people who got in the regular line at the same time as we did. If they didn't have enough for a full train, they would go to the regular line to find a group of an odd number instead of looking for an even number and pulling from the single rider. It just wasn't efficient.

Our experience with the Express Pass? Get it. It was well worth it and we had no issues with any of the operations. They would see us coming and put us on the train that was in the station or we'd wait just one train MAX. It was awesome. We were able to do the entire park in about an hour and a half; then spent the day choosing what else we wanted to ride. This doesn't add too much incite to your operations question, but that was our experience at the park! It was beautiful and well themed. You'll have a great time! Enjoy!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby coaster1000 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:41 am

^ Thanks for the informative reply. After reading that and a couple of other TR's as well, we're definitely going to opt for the highest level express pass. Shambhala marathon, here we come! :airtime:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Portaventura and Ferrari Land visit

Postby GuyL44 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:07 am

Hey all,

I'll be going to PA next week. I bought a "2 day, 2 parks" ticket in order to go to Ferrari Land as well (basically for Red Force).
The original plan was to split the visit to one day at PA and one at Ferrari Land.

I've been wondering if I could get both parks on the same day instead of splitting it... Do you think it's possible?
I checked on Google Maps and it says the park entrances are about 10 minutes apart (by foot, does that make sense?). So I thought we'd start with Ferrari Land just to get the Red Force credit in the morning, and then go to PA for the rest of the day.

If you guys have any thoughts or tips on this plan I'd love to hear them.

Thank you much!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!