PortAventura Discussion Thread

P. 329 - New Hotel announced and a Sesame Street dark ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: PortAventura Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:43 am

CatraBiNAS wrote:Thanks for the information .. I'll be there in 10 days .. Sunday and Monday .. I hope that at least Monday is calm and then decide whether to buy or not..

No problem! This crowd calendar is always pretty accurate. It's in French, but the color code is as follows: Green = Calm day, Blue = Pleasantly busy, Orange = Occupied, Red = High crowds, Black = To avoid. So for the 15th and 16th of April, you should be fine.

ElvisLuv wrote:How are crowds during the first week of June? I've booked a Disney Cruise for June 8th 2019 and Port Aventura is now a sure thing for my Euro trip. Too many nice Homeaway choices to be had to stay on property though.

As you can see in the link to the crowd calendar I posted above, the first week of June should be okay.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpine Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 45

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CatraBiNAS » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 am

JordyC wrote:
CatraBiNAS wrote:Thanks for the information .. I'll be there in 10 days .. Sunday and Monday .. I hope that at least Monday is calm and then decide whether to buy or not..

No problem! This crowd calendar is always pretty accurate. It's in French, but the color code is as follows: Green = Calm day, Blue = Pleasantly busy, Orange = Occupied, Red = High crowds, Black = To avoid. So for the 15th and 16th of April, you should be fine.

ElvisLuv wrote:How are crowds during the first week of June? I've booked a Disney Cruise for June 8th 2019 and Port Aventura is now a sure thing for my Euro trip. Too many nice Homeaway choices to be had to stay on property though.

As you can see in the link to the crowd calendar I posted above, the first week of June should be okay.

where to buy the tickets? Is there a site cheaper than the official website?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CatraBiNAS » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:48 am

*delete*

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:57 am

^I had free entrance with my annual pass from Efteling. But I bought my ticket for Ferrari Land from the park's official website. I don't really know if there is a website where you can get cheaper tickets, I am sorry.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Taron - Phantasialand 6. Helix - Liseberg 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpine Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 45

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:02 pm

JordyC wrote:

Thanks, I got my eyes set in a vacation rental that overlooks the sea in Salou I want to base there for few days getting adjusted to the time before moving into Barcelona proper the day before to cruise. The wife will spend time reading overlook g the seas while the kids a I check out the nearby Roman ruins and the Park. We'll focus on Guadi sights the day before the cruise and visit Tibidado the night before the cruise and something the morning before boarding.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:47 pm

If you are going to Barcelona, also consider getting the bus to Tibidabo. Not just because of the credits, but also because the views from the top are amazing, particularly if you pay 3€ to go up to the top of the church there.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CatraBiNAS » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:49 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:If you are going to Barcelona, also consider getting the bus to Tibidabo. Not just because of the credits, but also because the views from the top are amazing, particularly if you pay 3€ to go up to the top of the church there.

Why did not anyone tell me about this? what a wonderful view !! I'll have to go there on the first day!

if it rains will I have problems on the roller coasters? I do not want to think about it .. :(

Postby KarlaKoaster » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:45 pm

I can't remember them closing rides in the rain so you should be OK. You can get the bus from Placa de Catalunya (the bus stop is outside the Desigual store). It is the T2A and goes every 30 minutes. Other Barcelona tips: most of the restaurants on Las Ramblas are terrible. The only nice one is Ultra Marinos. Also if you like architecture, as well as doing Sagrada Familia consider doing Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau. It's walking distance from Sagrada Familia, is super beautiful and also relatively quiet compared to Sagrada Famila which is super busy. PM me if you want any more tips as I know this is off topic, I lived in Spain for 15 years :)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:48 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:If you are going to Barcelona, also consider getting the bus to Tibidabo. Not just because of the credits, but also because the views from the top are amazing, particularly if you pay 3€ to go up to the top of the church there.

Tibidabo was penciled in for the Friday night before the Cruise. We want to hit Case Batllo, Familia and Park Guell during the day and finish it off up on top

Where do the buses to Tibidabo leave from?

Postby KarlaKoaster » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:24 pm

ElvisLuv wrote:

Tibidabo was penciled in for the Friday night before the Cruise. We want to hit Case Batllo, Familia and Park Guell during the day and finish it off up on top

Where do the buses to Tibidabo leave from?

The bus leaves from Placa de Catalunya, which is walking distance from Casa Batllo. In one corner of Placa de Catalunya there is a Desigual store, so look for the stop which has a signpost for T2A: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@41.3874739,2.1687504,3a,75y,345.51h,96.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQzSw6e91Dx4C_nThwuVgPg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The journey only takes about 30 minutes. Make sure you get the correct bus back down as there is also a T2B service that goes elsewhere.

Make sure you get tickets in advance for Sagrada Familia and Casa Batllo. You don't need to print the tickets, you can just show them your phone with the barcode.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!