PortAventura Discussion Thread

P. 329 - New Hotel announced and a Sesame Street dark ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: PortAventura Discussion Thread

Postby Rill'o'beily » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:42 am

A.T.I wrote:Does the Crazy Pistons ride invert? It looks like it possibly could do...

It's intended as a kiddy suitable family ride but it does swing pretty close to 90 degrees when it gets going

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Bane » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:09 pm

vicarpi wrote:Today, we have the new map at FITUR (International Tourism Trade Fair) in Madrid:

PAC

I am glad they're using the space near that stage for these new rides, it did feel like ''dead space'' and the shows were mostly a waste of time given nobody was actually going to that part of the park.

Ferrari Land at PortAventura represents no value for money at all, so to see them adding new attractions is a good thing, in 2019 I hope they decide to add to their thrill ride lineup as well.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CatraBiNAS » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:18 am

im planning 2 days trip.. I was thinking of spending the morning and the lunch in the ferrari land and the rest of the day in the portavantura .. the next day it was all in the portaventura .. What do you guys think? maybe still buy a fast track too

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 pm

CatraBiNAS wrote:im planning 2 days trip.. I was thinking of spending the morning and the lunch in the ferrari land and the rest of the day in the portavantura .. the next day it was all in the portaventura .. What do you guys think? maybe still buy a fast track too

I didn't get their Express Pass during my visit. Most rides were walk-ons, except the 4 major coasters. Baco and Red Force were manageable 15 minute waits, but Shambhala and Dragon Khan were 30 minutes the entire day. The latter two were only running one train which was the main culprit.

The main reason I didn't get the Express Pass is because of the park's seating policy on the coasters, particularly with Shambhala. If you don't mind your seat on Shambhala or Dragon Khan, you'll get a ton of rides with Express Pass since you were always placed on the next train. Here's what I observed on 3 of them.

Shambhala- There's no assigned seating, it's first come, first serve for each row. They didn't allow you to wait an extra train for a row. All rows had to be filled. They would let the main queue in first. They'd fill half the train with the standard queue and then they'd let the Express Pass guests into the station. If any seats remained, they'd reopen the regular queue. Since the Express Pass didn't get first pick, they had a low chance of getting the best seats in the front or back.

Dragon Khan- There's assigned seating. The attendant assigned the Express Pass riders in the middle rows.

Red Force- The attendant assigns seats front to back. From what I saw, they loaded Express Pass guests first, so they had a higher chance of getting the best seat in front.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:50 am

While the Ferrari Land go carts look nice, I kinda hope that they are just a place saver for a major coaster in the future.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby vicarpi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:32 am

According to RCDB, Junior Red Force will be a Race Coaster by SBF Visa Group.

Previously at RCDB, the coaster was Speedy Coaster (Zamperla).

La Rueda Mecanica (The Mechanical Wheel)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:15 pm

vicarpi wrote:According to RCDB, Junior Red Force will be a Race Coaster by SBF Visa Group.

Previously at RCDB, the coaster was Speedy Coaster (Zamperla).

La Rueda Mecanica (The Mechanical Wheel)

Makes sense since the other rides seem to be SBF/Visa. And... Italian too.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CatraBiNAS » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:02 pm

I'm going to portaventura in April with 3 other friends. we go to the park on the 2nd and 3rd day so we need to stay 3 nights in Salou. any suggestion? maybe the cheapest way is an apartment for 3 nights instead of a hotel?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:42 pm

CatraBiNAS wrote:I'm going to portaventura in April with 3 other friends. we go to the park on the 2nd and 3rd day so we need to stay 3 nights in Salou. any suggestion? maybe the cheapest way is an apartment for 3 nights instead of a hotel?

Maybe it was just because it wasn't peak season, but I was able to get a good rate on one of their resort hotels through the Roulette program. The day before my visit, I was randomly given a room at one of their hotels. They all looked fantastic. And as an added plus, it included park tickets.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:05 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
CatraBiNAS wrote:I'm going to portaventura in April with 3 other friends. we go to the park on the 2nd and 3rd day so we need to stay 3 nights in Salou. any suggestion? maybe the cheapest way is an apartment for 3 nights instead of a hotel?

Maybe it was just because it wasn't peak season, but I was able to get a good rate on one of their resort hotels through the Roulette program. The day before my visit, I was randomly given a room at one of their hotels. They all looked fantastic. And as an added plus, it included park tickets.

Do you get Ferrari Land tickets as well or do you have to pay a separate fee like you do normally?
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!