PortAventura Discussion Thread

P. 329 - New Hotel announced and a Sesame Street dark ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: PortAventura Discussion Thread

Postby Shambhala » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:10 am

I remember someone once said that the new staggered trains introduce more rattle than the standard B&M trains. At the end of the day though, the first blame for rattle would undoubtedly be related to a train wheel misalignment.
I've experienced more rollercoasters on YouTube than I have in reality!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:44 am

^To back that up, I've never felt a bit of rattle on Nitro or Apollo's Chariot, but Diamondback was, in spots, headache-inducing. And I've heard similar things about the rattle on Intimidator and Behemoth.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby FJM8 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:34 pm

The rattle in Shambhala is even not the end of B&M (and if it was bigger, it will not be their end anyway...) , cause I' ve heard it's so small and the little people I know in person that felt it, said that it's quite little.

Nothing to see with Furius Baco, sometimes it transform your head into lmao. :lmao:

Now smile and think that you aren't him!

I'm a culture ho

Postby Noxegon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:43 pm

FJM8 wrote:The rattle in Shambhala is even not the end of B&M (and if it was bigger, it will not be their end anyway...) , cause I' ve heard it's so small and the little people I know in person that felt it, said that it's quite little.

Agreed. It doesn't cause a problem unless you're riding repeatedly, at which point it gives you a headache ;)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby brisingr25 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Yesterday I rode Shambhala and I loved it! It's veeeeeery smooth and it has some floating airtime... Love it! :airtime:

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby rubysparkles » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:13 pm

I didn't feel a B&M rattle on Shambhala at all, but I went 4 days and only rode once a day, not repeatedly.

Just wanted to talk about the seats as some people were curious earlier in the thread. I found the seats VERY tight. If you are bigger around the hips and thighs, proceed with caution. You have to have two clicks to be allowed to ride. I had to have my restraints pushed down by ride ops, and from what I saw every train there was one person who needed an extra push (usually women :?r ). I felt that they were tighter than the last B&M Hyper I rode (Apollo's Chariot 12 months ago) and I was bigger then. Like all restraints it really depends on your measurements but these seemed tighter on the hips/thighs than other B&Ms I have ridden in the last year.

Great airtime on the coaster, though was disappointed in the lack of forces on the turnaround element. That part looks impressive but I was hoping for something more substantial. It's a very good coaster, it is only the second B&M Hyper I have been on. I preferred it to Apollo's Chariot though. I found I got more airtime and I enjoyed the first drop into the tunnel.

Dragon Khan is holding up much better than Kumba. Still feels great even though it's 17 years old, was really impressed with it. Got a front row seat for Furius Baco, so didn't find it that rough. Still don't have the foggiest what monkeys have to do with wine and then why we were launched out into the grapevines, but it was a lot of fun.

Here's a couple of photos, I tried to get good photos of Dragon Khan and Shambhala going up the lift hill at the same time. Got a few of them going around at the same time. Meh, I'm no photographer though, shame the last one is so blurry.

Twisted Colossus, I305, Skyrush, Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Maverick.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:15 pm

^Nice, two-train (or better) shots are the best!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jivo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:37 pm

rubysparkles wrote:Still don't have the foggiest what monkeys have to do with wine and then why we were launched out into the grapevines, but it was a lot of fun.

Hahahaha this is a topic that has been talked about for a long time here in the Spanish forums!

Initially the theming topic for Furius Baco is WINE, but the problem is when they start to add different ingredients such as monkeys, dummies all around, the scientist or his crazy experiments.

Basically on a farmhouse (called "masia" in Catalan) in Catalunya the wife of a typical marriage goes to Africa, where he has a baby and come home with the baby and a monkey (¿?). When the child is 12 years decides to be an inventor and later the parents leave the "masia" and leave the boy-inventor and heir (hereu) with the condition that he maintains the tradition of making wine for the years. As an inventor comes up with a system to make the barrels of wine arriving before or more speed at their destination, so invents a rocket to propel them fast.

When you reach the "masia" the dummy (that is you) have to prove the first trip of the machine that the inventor has put the name of Furius Baco.

As confusing and weird as it sounds :airtime:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Shambhala » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 am

The ride reduces your brain into monkey-mush.
That explains the monkey theme!
I've experienced more rollercoasters on YouTube than I have in reality!

Official Twister Twin Supplier

Postby dubbis » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:27 am

Shambhala wrote:The ride reduces your brain into monkey-mush.
That explains the monkey theme!

^Exactly!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!