Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Page 101 - Sky Roller coming to FujiQ
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed May 29, 2019 5:56 pm

^ That's great how your hotel stay and visit to Fuji went! I must admit, although my second* visit there was anything but great (2007, the 3+ hour wait for Eejainaka was IMhO the most memorable part of that visit), the following two visits (2011 and 2013) were awesome, thanks to Elissa and Robb's getting the group FastPass tickets, the weather being nice, and it actually wasn't too crowded...from what I remember of those two visits.

Did you have a meal there, inside the park itself?
I am curious how that went, if you did.
Thanks for sharing all your visit! :smile:

*EDIT: I totally forgot I visited Fuji back in....1972! Operations then, were just as slow as they were in 2007, lol.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Wed May 29, 2019 7:41 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed May 29, 2019 6:45 pm

^^I'm glad you had a great visit. The park is slowly improving for sure. They didn't used to offer any sort of skip the line ticket so obviously that helps the most! Food and operations are also improving. You also got VERY lucky with good weather as that could have instantly ruined your day.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed May 29, 2019 7:58 pm

I wrote this years ago after my first trip but I feel like the fact that you read and hear so many horror stories and have such low expectations when you go there, that when you even have an ok-ish day or get all the rides you want really makes you happier than you would be at other parks.

Over-hype is a dangerous thing and I've walked away from movies or rides not as thrilled as I would have been going in blind (which is my own fault, I know) because it wasn't 'the rapids ride to end all rapids' etc but Fuji almost seems to benefit from the opposite.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed May 29, 2019 10:20 pm

Glad you had a great time. Your post is super-useful, thanks for all the detail about entry, the priority pass etc, it's really helping me plan for my trip there - as are many other posts in this thread.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:54 am

SharkTums wrote:^^I'm glad you had a great visit. The park is slowly improving for sure. They didn't used to offer any sort of skip the line ticket so obviously that helps the most! Food and operations are also improving. You also got VERY lucky with good weather as that could have instantly ruined your day.

That visit last year was easily the best of the three times I've gone to Fuji-Q with TPR.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:58 am

^ Yeah the day went so smoothly! I'm thankful I didn't get the traditional Fuji-Q experience thanks to Robb and Elissa's planning.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kstr737 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am

I am looking to go circa 6/24... I am staying overnight the day before near the park. Sounds like my best strategy is to head earlier to the central skip pass booth by the Carousel to get 2x for each of the big four in consecutive hours for the first few hours...

How early before opening do I have to line up to achieve such?

What is the easiest/most efficient path to catch a late day Kyoto bound Shinkansen from the park? Some routing options suggest doubling back toward the city... I'll have a JR pass.

So is the haunted hospital, not available open at all anymore?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:52 pm

This just in, for you Collectors Of.......theme park stuff. :wink:

eBay has several of these on it's site, and pretty rea$onable for a TOMICA "car."

I bought one, of course. For under $15 U.S. With free shipping! I liked that. :smile:
Do-Dodonpa.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:16 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Yeah the day went so smoothly! I'm thankful I didn't get the traditional Fuji-Q experience thanks to Robb and Elissa's planning.

I went in November and there were less than 30 min queues for anything, managed to get re-rides on Do-dodonpa and Eejanaika, and no fastpass required, it was awesome!
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Apparently Fuji has a VR center where people too little or young to ride can experience Dodonpa/Fujiyama through VR: http://www.fujiq.jp/en/attraction/hobododonpa.html

Everland also has one next to T Express but ironically the height restriction is almost as high as the real thing. At least Fuji-Q's has no restriction.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!