Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:07 pm

I almost forgot about the RC boats, ant the RC trucks by Mine Train. Those were back in the days where 2 minutes of lackluster RC motoring would help make my day complete.

The new facade for the bathrooms by JB's look great. Seeing that, I was surprised when I went to use the bathroom and nothing on the inside had changed. I wonder if that's in the works for the off season.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:03 am

What are the chances of Fright Fest and Holiday In The Park happening this year?

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Hopefully better than the chances of CF parks.

Postby teacherkim » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:02 pm

I'm guessing FF chances are pretty slim since it seems that all of the Halloween events are being cancelled industry wide. Maybe ok on HITP, although the roaming singers will probably have to be put on a stage instead of singing in people's faces :lol:

I can tell you that I don't think they have made a final decision yet because employees have only been asked to post their availability through the end of September.

However, my prediction is that they will be open throughout the fall but without FF. HITP I still have no idea.

At least whatever happens we are better off than KC, WOF is shutting down completely after Labor Day.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TNT » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Plans for Fright Fest and HIP are not finalized yet. If the park goes ahead with both events reduced hours and days should be expected.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rickjuly252012 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:58 pm

teacherkim wrote:I'm guessing FF chances are pretty slim since it seems that all of the Halloween events are being cancelled industry wide. Maybe ok on HITP, although the roaming singers will probably have to be put on a stage instead of singing in people's faces :lol:

I can tell you that I don't think they have made a final decision yet because employees have only been asked to post their availability through the end of September.

However, my prediction is that they will be open throughout the fall but without FF. HITP I still have no idea.

At least whatever happens we are better off than KC, WOF is shutting down completely after Labor Day.

all unionized live entertainment has shut down for the year

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rickjuly252012 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:00 pm

teacherkim wrote:I'm guessing FF chances are pretty slim since it seems that all of the Halloween events are being cancelled industry wide. Maybe ok on HITP, although the roaming singers will probably have to be put on a stage instead of singing in people's faces :lol:

CF gave up on this year when they extended passes another year

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby castaway_kid » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:44 am

Six Flags St. Louis' Entertainment department is not part of IATSE or any other union. So they still have the go ahead to have shows.

Postby Danrarbc » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:59 pm

I was in the park again today. Got a more complete walk around. Grabbed a photo or two I missed the first time as well.

The Illinois Primo's appears to have finally accepted reality and is officially no more.

I already posted a pic of the carousel with horses removed for renovation. They actually have a sign up that I missed.

Dragon's Wing had a portion of its tent removed and all new fencing lining the paths to the lifts. Also, the unfinished Catwoman entrance.

For some reason the structure that used to house the guess your weight game by the carousel is getting TLC.

Miss Kitty's Saloon is an indoor mask break zone/cooling center. Really good place for it at the center of the park.

JB's has a brand new half-wall between the dining space and the soda machines/pickup window. Mobile pickup signage has been added.

I hadn't walked by the DC bathroom my first time in the park. I got a photo of the new façade. Not finished yet but really matches the Justice League look.

Final observation on that last photo. Yes, it looks like all of the gaslight fixtures are getting replaced with the new LED ones. I only saw these in the new entrance before, but now you see them inside the park and only a few original gaslights are left.

Postby prozach626 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:16 pm

Thanks for sharing.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!