Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:49 pm

Not sure. I've only personally seen it running once, ever. I rode it and it went down for maintenance. I got it just in time.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TNT » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:09 pm

DBru wrote:I also find it shocking how multiple people were totally cool with making the decision to ruin the aesthetic of one of the most beautiful coasters anywhere by slapping down the world’s ugliest boomerang in front of it. One of the more frustrating decisions Six Flags St Louis management has made—and there have been several!!

Is Boomerang even operating this season?
Boomerang is operating after closing early last season for upgrades to the second lift.

Personally I like Boomerang's position in front of Eagle. Eagle makes an excellent back drop for just about anything.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Danrarbc » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:46 pm

Frankly I find our Boomerang to have one of the most visually appealing locations of any. And it really doesn't impact the view of Eagle much at all. Although I can certainly understand opinions vary on color schemes (this is always true, even when it comes to namtaB).

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:41 pm

I mean I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, but chalk me up in the group who'd prefer to see a classic, red-white-and-blue wooden coaster instead of a run-of-the-mill Vekoma Boomerang with a Nickelodeon complex.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:17 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:I mean I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, but chalk me up in the group who'd prefer to see a classic, red-white-and-blue wooden coaster instead of a run-of-the-mill Vekoma Boomerang with a Nickelodeon complex.

:nina:

I wouldn’t hate Boomerang as much as I do if it weren’t for that stupid, tacky paint-job.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:13 pm

Don't get me wrong. The land Boomerang is on is great and I don't mind the color scheme unique to itself. It would have been great had it not shit on one if the most picturesque wooden coaster drops of all time.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby SteveStL » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:46 pm

DBru wrote:I also find it shocking how multiple people were totally cool with making the decision to ruin the aesthetic of one of the most beautiful coasters anywhere by slapping down the world’s ugliest boomerang in front of it. One of the more frustrating decisions Six Flags St Louis management has made—and there have been several!!

I really doubt SF puts much thought or care into the placement of their rides these days. They just slap them in where ever there's room.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby castaway_kid » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:37 pm

SteveStL wrote:

I really doubt SF puts much thought or care into the placement of their rides these days. They just slap them in where ever there's room.

I'd say that is pretty true for almost all parks. Plop them where ever they best fit, and then theme or landscape as best they can.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:43 pm

Six Flags skips that second step. Just paint where the news will be pointing on media day and leave everything else untouched (not even kidding).

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby castaway_kid » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:08 pm

RollerManic wrote:Six Flags skips that second step. Just paint where the news will be pointing on media day and leave everything else untouched (not even kidding).

Six Flags seems to fix up the surrounding areas of new rides, some times less noticeable than others. 2011 Sky Screamer was added and they added minor landscaping in the area as well as replacing siding and revamped the shatter platter game nearby, 2013 when Boomerang was added, the Primos place had extensive outdoor repairs done that were now visable from the queue. 2014 Tsumani Souker saw French restrooms exterior redone, an office building fixed up, and Outpost concession stand fixed and repainted. 2015 with Justice League they fixed up the Hero's vs Villains gift show, Justice League HQ gift shop, repaint the train bridge and did new landscaping around the train crossing, as well as cleaned up and gave a face lift to the area around Shazam and where the old RC motor boat pool, which is now a flower bed. 2017 Spinsanity got Sound Stage #2 repainted and parts fixed up, as well as landscaping between the ride and the train tracks. And finally 2019 with Supergirl, the Primos next door had additional A/C units installed and exterior repainted, although the repainting might have happened more recently.
I guess what I'm getting at is the park does "touch" other areas and not just what the media will see, but they also seem to take that money and put it towards infrastructure improvements in the areas surrounding the rides instead of super elaborate themes.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!