Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Jesus Christ... Why don't they just fill up the pool water with whatever COVID sanitizer they're using? Hell, just put it in the drinking fountains, too.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rickjuly252012 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:24 pm

prozach626 wrote:Jesus Christ... Why don't they just fill up the pool water with whatever COVID sanitizer they're using? Hell, just put it in the drinking fountains, too.

chlorine kills covid, and they don't recommend masks in water

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby teacherkim » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:19 pm

rickjuly252012 wrote:
teacherkim wrote:Thanks for posting that. Yikes. I wonder if that sort of crowds will continue during the week. Once it's out that the kids area is closed that may deter a lot of the families with little ones. My son said it was really slow at his rides and I wondered if everyone was at the water park.

was his area any busier after HH closed?

He said not really but today being Sat was definitely busier than yesterday.

Postby Danrarbc » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:40 pm

For the record Worlds of Fun has removed Monday-Wednesday from the operating calendar. So we're lucky only two days are cut.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:52 pm

rickjuly252012 wrote:
prozach626 wrote:Jesus Christ... Why don't they just fill up the pool water with whatever COVID sanitizer they're using? Hell, just put it in the drinking fountains, too.

Which is why it's hilarious overkill that they're spraying down the rafts.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rickjuly252012 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:48 pm

prozach626 wrote:
rickjuly252012 wrote:

Which is why it's hilarious overkill that they're spraying down the rafts.

mostly for show, temp checks might not keep out anyone asymptomatic

Postby teacherkim » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:54 pm

I was at the park today. However, not a rides day but for the purpose of using my BFF to take my 75 year old Mom for some pool time at the waterpark due to most of the area pools being closed this summer. Still here is how our day went.

The new entrance is really nice. I saw several people taking photos in front of the new Arch signage. Strolling through the cooled tent and walking right on by the thermal scan thingy was so much quicker than the handheld temp check. Just walk through at a normal pace and the employee can see your temp above your image. For those that suddenly realize they forgot their mask, they have some for sale right before the tent for $6. Also, the new scanners at the old bag check area were so much faster. I would assume they will keep those, although the old metal detectors were still there but pushed to the side.

The water park did require masks during entry, in the gift shop, bathrooms, food lines, etc.....but once you were on the pool deck, walking to rides or in the water you could take them off. They did have someone disinfecting the loungers and life vests after use. The loungers were spread out in groups of 2-4 and surprisingly people were not trying to move them but respected the social distancing. They did have metal barriers around the wave pool so that there was a single entrance and exit point and there was a lifeguard keeping count and stopping the line if the pool got too full. Like I said we just were there to sunbathe and use the pool but I did take a quick look around and other than the kid's structure it seemed all the slides were operational. Bonzai Pipeline did go down for awhile and got a visit from maintenance.

When we left the waterpark, Grandma decided she wanted to see where the boy works so we took the train from the St Louis station up to BB. Everything we passed between the two was open but with very low crowds. No one in line for cars, maybe 5 people on the one Thunder train that was going, log flume and rafts going with very few people. Did not see Boss go while we went by, but I have no idea if that was just timing or if it was down. Dragon's wing seemed to be doing training with a group of 5 or 6 employees, one of whom was on it. Eagle was up but didn't see the line or if they were running both trains. All the games up by Superman were closed but SM, FB, BR and SS were up. Although FB was only testing. MT was running. After our peek at the boy in action to satisfy Grandma :roll: we headed back down the hill toward the entrance. Everything I could see was pretty much a walk on. Don't know if the games by Panda and Excalibur were open but I could see that both rides were running. Ninja, the Disko, and Tsunami Soaker were up. Batman ran all day reliably because I could hear it from the waterpark.

Most but not all of the food venues I could see were open. The BBQ place in the water park was closed but all the other food options were available. The picnic grove looked sad with everything stacked up and it obviously hasn't been used since last year.

Overall it was nice to get out even without doing any rides and everyone I saw was behaving and having a good time. Employees I encountered were very friendly and engaging the customers and truly making an effort (and I promise that has nothing to do with my son being a ride op, we didn't talk to him, lol) However, some things in the waterpark were a little rundown on the buildings and landscaping and with some things closed and the crowd so low it was a little sad too. Just the vibe I picked up on.

Crowd was very low today based on my scientific examination of how full (or not) the parking lot was. It was a Wed and there were storms in the forecast which did hit about 4 or so and I am sure the people riding were thrilled at no waits; but a little worrisome all the same.

When we rode past the Catwoman location it did look as though it was stopped in mid construction. That whole area is kind of torn up.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:29 am

^ Catwoman Whip will be the park's "New For 2021" attraction, so no real surprise as to the lack of construction. Most SF parks are following this same path. Here at Over Texas, Aquaman: Power Wave is very nearly complete save for the queue and splash pool. But it seems that all work on the ride has stopped and won't resume until possibly next year. The only SF park that seems to have completed it's "New For 2020" attraction is Fiesta Texas. Their Dare Devil Dive ride is already operating.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rickjuly252012 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:19 pm

with so many public pools closed, have they had to limit entry into HH or does the current capacity for the whole park include that?

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby castaway_kid » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:04 am

Hurricane Harbor Has its own capacity limits separate than the dry parks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!