Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby tanthonyam » Wed May 27, 2020 8:32 pm

Well according to the website, Xcalibur is not temporarily closed anymore... LOL!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Danrarbc » Thu May 28, 2020 7:33 am

DILinator wrote:Regarding getting a refund on SF Memberships, I don't think it's a fair judgement to write off these ladies and their concerns as being emblematic of being "Karens." I bought 4 Memberships last year, for me and my three older kids, and I've seriously considered whether I want to refund them lately. If it was just me, I'd let it slide, not care, and consider it a donation to the stability of the park chain. For four, however, that adds up, and is a hefty sum to be dishing out, without any return on the investment, if we don't end up getting any use out of them this year as a result of all this. It's sad, as I'd like to support Six Flags, but I also am not wealthy enough to write off money that ultimately serves no purpose. This is all a completely logical, and reasonable stance, and opinion. Holding that perspective doesn't make me a "Karen", and doesn't make me "entitled", or any other negative word people throw around to try and shame those that don't hold their same viewpoint. I think it's sad we live in a time where society has become so divisive, pitting person against person, promoting public shaming, and where even trying to enjoy a lifelong hobby like roller coasters often leads into getting bogged down with negativity, judgement, and name calling. :(

I still hold out hope to visit some SF parks this year, perhaps even SFStL. But at the moment, the feasibility of that is very much up in the air, and especially for people like myself, where going to parks is a family affair, it's not as simple of an issue as I think a lot of non-family enthusiasts tend to think it is. Walk a mile in my shoes (or the shoes of the ladies from the article), and then we'll see what your perspective on this issue is...

There is a pause option.

I used it because the free upgrade to Elite, for me, just isn't all that appealing.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Thu May 28, 2020 7:35 am

Isn't every month the park is closed added for free onto the end of your membership?
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Danrarbc » Thu May 28, 2020 12:48 pm

grsupercity wrote:Isn't every month the park is closed added for free onto the end of your membership?

Yes but that only kicks in when you cancel.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby SoCalJasonland » Thu May 28, 2020 1:09 pm

Danrarbc wrote:
grsupercity wrote:Isn't every month the park is closed added for free onto the end of your membership?

Yes but that only kicks in when you cancel.

It seems best if you are at a seasonal park to cancel early summer and get the rest of the summer and early fall free, and then sign up again at the beginning of the next season. I don't exactly trust them to remember that they owe me a few months several years from now.
I love to roam where the wild things are.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby cparkes92 » Sat May 30, 2020 6:39 pm

teacherkim wrote:I know, I got really excited a week or so ago when the lead story was not about covid until I realized it was a fatal car accident. Yikes.

Same here, except the lead story (and the next couple of stories following that) were about massive flooding due to heavy rain and a dam failure
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:19 pm

In case you didn't hear, SDC has announced a June 15 open (13 and 14 for passholders) All the expected restrictions in place. But I would assume (which could be dangerous) that they received permission from the state so I don't see any reason why SFSTL and WOF couldn't have a similar date.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TNT » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:24 pm

teacherkim wrote:In case you didn't hear, SDC has announced a June 15 open (13 and 14 for passholders) All the expected restrictions in place. But I would assume (which could be dangerous) that they received permission from the state so I don't see any reason why SFSTL and WOF couldn't have a similar date.
Different counties different restrictions. Six Flags has to wait for the blessing from St. Louis County.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:03 pm

Danrarbc wrote:There is a pause option.

I used it because the free upgrade to Elite, for me, just isn't all that appealing.

Yeah, at first I thought the upgrade, and extension of the passes was a pretty good perk, but as this has played out, I'm just not sure any of that really matters to me anymore, in the grand scheme of things. Especially since I'm at a different level of Membership than my kids are already.

I just had my latest dues taken out today, which was especially rough, since we drove right past a shuttered SFGAm yesterday, and couldn't go and use what I've already paid for. I'll give it another month, see how things go, and decide whether pausing is the better option going forward from July on.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:18 pm

TNT wrote:
teacherkim wrote:In case you didn't hear, SDC has announced a June 15 open (13 and 14 for passholders) All the expected restrictions in place. But I would assume (which could be dangerous) that they received permission from the state so I don't see any reason why SFSTL and WOF couldn't have a similar date.
Different counties different restrictions. Six Flags has to wait for the blessing from St. Louis County.

I get that, which is why I said a similar date, I realize it might be a bit later. But I think it is clear that is the beginning of the end and I still think it means the other MO parks won't be far behind. Besides even though the Covid cases were much lower in Taney County they are quite aware that opening up Branson will bring a lot of people down from KC and STL so.....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!