Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby toomuchstereo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:33 am

prozach626 wrote:Maybe Tidal Wave will neat out Xcaliber to become the next Hanibarrels.

I was thinking about going to the park today, but I just read my email and saw that it's BAFF day. Shit. It was going to be the first visit of the year, but now I'm apprehensive.

It’s not too busy today.

Postby toomuchstereo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:36 am

Sportsdude360 wrote:
toomuchstereo wrote:
Sportsdude360 wrote:That's interesting about Tidal Wave. Keep in mind the cost of removing it alone would be prohibitive, let alone getting the area ready for some type of new ride to go in. The removal of Aquaman Splashdown here SFOT was a massive undertaking, it took months for the ride to be completely torn down. They've only just now finished moving the last of the ride debris out of the park. That plus getting the trees out of the way so construction can begin on the new Aquaman: Power Wave. My guess would be some type of refurbishment using parts salvaged from our old ride plus the one at SFOG.

Old parts from those rides aren’t going to fix the issues we have. We could maybe repurpose some things like boats. But that isn’t likely as the ones in Texas were prob shot.

But the refurb is about other issues not things fixable but salvaging from other end of life rides.

And the cost of removing it is vastly less expensive than the refurbishment cost. Trust me I know the numbers.

Come to think of it, I did see one of the old boats strapped to a trailer with it's undercarrage disassembled. It looked as if they were planning to transport it somewhere. But, of course, I have no idea if it's headed to St.Louis or not.

That’s a possibility but we don’t know yet. It’s up to Corporate at this point, and the decision hasn’t been made yet.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby teacherkim » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:16 am

I know who that “maintenance guy” was! Not me though. I was there for the Pandemonium unloading though.[/quote]

Hope I didn't get anyone in trouble! We were all questioning him pretty hard.

Postby teacherkim » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:19 am

toomuchstereo wrote:

I know who that “maintenance guy” was! Not me though. I was there for the Pandemonium unloading though.[/quote]

Hope I didn't get anyone in trouble for talking. We were questioning him pretty hard and I wasn't surprised at anything he told us.

Postby toomuchstereo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:23 am

Nah no ones gonna get in trouble. And he would have never told you anything like “hey the 2021 ride is ....”.

Postby teacherkim » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:23 am

Sorry about the double post, not sure what happened there.

As an add on to my previous post. At the end of the night during ert I spoke to one of the security guards who happens to be friends with a co-worker of mine and he confirmed that the queue for Boss will not be altered in anyway, that the new flat will have the lighting package, and that they are discussing the possibility of moving the moon cars to what will then be the unused portion of the go kart track.

That's it, that's all my sleuthing uncovered on this trip. Do what you will with the info!

Postby toomuchstereo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:24 am

Those are all true things. To be honest I’m surprised a security guard would know any of those things though. He or she’s been listening.

Postby teacherkim » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:01 am

toomuchstereo wrote:Those are all true things. To be honest I’m surprised a security guard would know any of those things though. He or she’s been listening.

;) .......And I have taught 7th grade for 27 years, I know how to root out important info from people when I need to.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby LegendLover » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:15 pm

Honestly at this point, I’d just like to see Tidal Wave get removed for either an S&S free spin, a Zamperla giant Discovery, or a Mack powersplash. It is one of the rides of my childhood, but it just doesn’t seem worth it anymore. At a small park with three huge wooden coasters to maintain, I just would think the cost to keep it around wouldn’t be worth it, especially given that it will only get worse in the future.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 am

LegendLover wrote:Honestly at this point, I’d just like to see Tidal Wave get removed for either an S&S free spin, a Zamperla giant Discovery, or a Mack powersplash.

Yeah.

That's a good idea.

Maybe that will happen.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!