Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 30 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby Danrarbc » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:03 am

ChrisGraslie wrote:
SteveStL wrote:What would frustrate me is if any proceeds, money earned from SFSTL, would go to another park. ie. keeping Magic Mountain up to par with 'The Jones' in LA. I would hope that doesn't happen. I often wonder if our Park would be better off owned Locally.

That definitely happens, because revenue is revenue, and SFSL is a low tier park. But I don't think that means the park should (or will) be sold to any other company, beyond some kind of ownership deal with Six Flags. I feel like the "we're so neglected, imagine if we were owned by Cedar Fair" argument comes up once every few moons and I don't think that any kind of new ownership, especially from a local company, would change much. :p

Worlds of Fun, Michigan's Adventure, Valleyfair and Dorney Park should be a decent indication that Cedar Fair ownership may not change much for the better.

Maybe the maintenance budget could improve - but you could also get far fewer new rides. Both companies have issues and both neglect the smaller parks in their care.

As for the donations issue I definitely believe Six Flags should pay for it and clearly the corporate park improvement budgets aren't working well for some parks. But I take issue with the idea there's something wrong with someone wanting a piece of history cared for by other means even if it meant donations.Though if donations were taken I'd probably want ownership of the carousel transferred to a third party and have the park lease it, so you could have a formal ongoing maintenance agreement.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:27 am

Now I actually really hope SFStl asks for donations. I want to see people throw free money at them while they charge $10 for a beer and $5 for a soda. Although, I guess if they don't have to pay for the carousel to be fixed, Six Flags can lower their food prices and people will stop bitching about the condition of the ride. Hell, here's a nickle.

I wouldn't say Six Flags "neglects" our park. The park is doing fine and there's no need to change too much. Why would SF invest more than they have to if they're maximizing their profit from the park? WoF is also incredibly well taken care of and it's a beautiful park. WoF isn't neglected, they just don't have any reason to build a new ride since the park is still pulling crowds.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:29 pm

Let the guessing begin... Something Catwoman?
E214189F-CEF8-4C57-8526-B06AFC3DF055.jpeg

Postby Vonni » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:41 pm

^ It is nice to see our park do a little teasing! I don't remember much of that in the past.

I agree, it sounds like a Catwoman theme. I could see a Tilt-A-Whirl, or possibly a Giant Discovery.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SteveStL » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:52 pm

A giant litter box for the kiddies to play in.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:14 pm

I'm predicting a Wonder Twins ride. That teaser is clearly Jayna morphed into a cat. It will be a water ride, because Zan.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:07 pm

Vonni wrote:^ It is nice to see our park do a little teasing! I don't remember much of that in the past.

I agree, it sounds like a Catwoman theme. I could see a Tilt-A-Whirl, or possibly a Giant Discovery.

Our social media is quiet compared to other SF parks...

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby toomuchstereo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:27 am

HARLEYGUYJB wrote:
Vonni wrote:^ It is nice to see our park do a little teasing! I don't remember much of that in the past.

Our social media is quiet compared to other SF parks...

This is very true. I was wondering what was taking them so long to start the teasing.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SteveStL » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:51 am

it's a simple re-theming of Xcalibur to Cat Woman or Lasso of Truth, ...or something. That's my guess.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:54 am

Maybe they’re adding live cats as prizes for that mystery bag game.
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!